Correct, the factory reset is worthless because it dosen't fix anything, but erases all our personal settings and downloads. Now I also found out my LED notification light won't work properley either for any notifications.. Let me guess that Verizon's answer will be factory reset. I'm tired of that being their only answer here and at the stores. Hopefully everyone will soon be like me and start looking for a new carrier.
I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.
Ann, that me Ok for you but its not for me.... I have spent many hours reseting and reloading and setting up my phone over and over again. Enough is enough and the factory reset has not fixed the issues and then I spend hours setting up my phone again. I have much better things to spend my time on than trying to reload a phone everytime something happens.
the best option to resolve the issue is by completing a factory reset for your device. This can be completed through the following steps:
Factory Reset option 1
From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Factory Data reset
Touch Reset Phone
Warning: This will erase all data from your phone, including:
It will not erase: Current System software and bundled applications; SD Card files, such as music or Photos
Factory Reset option 2 - Warning this will reset device back to original factory settings.
The reset worked for me. All of my contacts were backed up, just in case I copied all photos and ring tones to my PC. I did lose the apps I had installed but they were all free and I was going to clean them out anyway. Phone is working great.
Well I have a question then...how long before the next update comes that can fix this problem? Cause a reset isn't something I'm trying to do right now cause there's more important things to do.
As I said in my previous post, I have already performed both of the reset options and the problem is still occurring. I am aware that doing a reset is usually the go-to fix for most phone settings problems, but it is clearly not resolving this one.
If this is a known bug with the new update, then please just tell us so. Or if it's a hardware issue, tell us that instead. But don't tell us it can be fixed with a reset when we all know that this is only being recommended because it's the "default" option for fixing things.
So, I see that I am not the only one having difficulties... Except mine are on a daily basis!!! And it is something different every day!
1. I have the phone screen freeze up on me now; in the middle of a call, where I have to say enter my pin number...
2. My home button on the outsine and inside on the keyboard NO LONGER WORK, so I have to back back back back out of everything to get to home screen. Love it when I am surfing the net!!!
3. I get notification that I am out of memory, but I have 4 things on the SD Card and one thing on the phone, and the settings tell me I have plenty of memory!
4. I don't get notifications of texts until I turn off phone and turn back on, then I get last 50 resent to me.
5. When I do restart, it tells me I have a missed call, from 2 days ago!
6. All my setting reset every time I have to restart phone (i.e., ring tones, volumes)
7. Now, today's issues is I have NO alerts, either vibrate or ringtone, for my notifications. I have gone into settings, and volume, and set the notification volume to the loudest, and turned on the vibrate, and had my husband and 2 sons each send me a text. If I didn't look at it, I would have never known there was a missed text!!!
This is absolutely insane to have to go through when you charge so much money for these plans, phones and data services. We have 4 lines and 3 are Ally's, so you do the math that our bill is over $300 a month... and yet, I can't even make a simple phone call without the screen freezing up, or receive a text when it comes because I am notified???
I love the Ally - and had no problems with it the way it was pre update. I don't want another phone, I don't want another carrier, I want Vz to FIX what they broke!!