Notification sounds during phone conversation and I can't hear the caller
PENMOD4

With the new moto z force, my ringtone for notifications disrupts my phone calls.  I never had this problem with the droid.  If I'm on a call, I can't hear the person at all as every notification cuts out the caller in my ear.  I've only had the moto for a month, and not liking this feature.  Why or how do I get the notification sound to not cut into my phone use during calls?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Notification sounds during phone conversation and I can't hear the caller
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may need to go into each app (email, text, etc) and check the settings for that app's notifications; Verizon messages, specifically, has an option to turn notifications on or off during a call.  There may be a setting in the phone app settings, or notifications settings too, to set it up globally.

0 Likes
THOACH31

There is no way to stop notifications during calls in the phone's global settings area. Your suggestion is a good thought, but not all apps have a feature to stop their notifications during calls. I had a Moto prior to this one and never had a problem. At this point, the only action one can take is to turn down the notification volume during a call, which is beyond inconvenient. Moto needs to fix this on this particular phone.

0 Likes
THOACH31

I have the same problem, and I replied to SuzyQ below. Moto needs to fix this issue, among others, on this phone.

0 Likes