Notification that I have voicemail, no voicemail, new voicemail doesn't change it
Noan21
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone has said I have 5 voicemail since January. I've tried stopping the app and clearing it's data with no difference. I got the firmware update to android 5 yesterday but it still says I have voicemail.

Thoughts?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Notification that I have voicemail, no voicemail, new voicemail doesn't change it
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Lets clear those notifications, Noan21! Which model device do you have? Do you clear notifications through visual voicemail or by calling *86 + Send? Share the additional details needed so that we can better assist!   LenaA_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Notification that I have voicemail, no voicemail, new voicemail doesn't change it
DPRojas

I have the same issue. My phone has said I have 2 voicemails for a week or so now. I call *86 and there are no new messages. I check visual voicemail and I deleted everything. The notification won't go away. Please help.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sometimes helps to dial your phone number from another phone and leave a short message. Then on your phone access the voicemail system to clear the message you just left.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DPRojas

Thanks, I've done it. I've gotten new voicemails from people, heard them, saved or deleted them, and the notification remains. I appreciate your response, though.

0 Likes
poidude
Enthusiast - Level 3

What device / phone are you using (e.g., Samsung S6, LG G4, etc.)? Where are you seeing these notifications (e.g., on the application icon, the notification bar, an application window / popup)?

0 Likes
DPRojas

I have Samsung S6. It's in the notification bar at the top and on my lock screen.

0 Likes
poidude
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay, it sounds like the voicemail-only (as opposed to the VVM - Visual Voice Mail) new message indicator. This would be the one that you see prior to signing up for VVM. Once you signup for VVM, the VVM application uses a different notification indicator. The problem is that the original (non-VVM) one is never updated / cleared.

If you don't mind doing a factory refresh, that will clear it (and every other piece of data you've added to the phone since you got it) so be careful if you go that route. Make sure you have your personal data backed up / saved first.

Otherwise, you should be able to call customer service, tell them that you need the voicemail-only indicator cleared since you now use visual voice mail, and that they need have network support send a clear SMS to your phone.

0 Likes
stacylk2003
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. I must go thru listening to all of my saved voicemails, then star out to the main menu then star again to disconnect, Only then will the indicator go away. I have called Verizon several times but they say nothing is wrong!!!

0 Likes
stacylk2003
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Verizon.. I have a Samsung S4 and I have called and called and no one can help. Can you?

0 Likes