Notifications - audible and realert
terrigrrl

Just got a Droid for our 'oncall' phone at work. For us, it's important not to miss a message whether it come through email or txt alert. The notification bar is great for those who need nonaudible alerts and I can see how to set up some audible alerts but how do you get the Droid to re-alert you until you respond to the notification?

I can't find the answer by searching here and it doesn't seem to be straightforward in the manual, online or otherwise, so thought turning to the forum might be the answer.  If the phone doesn't have the option itself, is there an app that does it for us?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Notifications - audible and realert
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

There is a free app in the marketplace called Missed Call. The description states that it can be configured for repeat notification for missed calls.

0 Likes
terrigrrl

Thanks! I'll give that a try.

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

I had not used this app before but decided to install it. Works quite nicely. I had owned phones in the past that had repeating alerts and missed that feature on my Droid. 

0 Likes
terrigrrl

Well found this worked great for missed calls, missed sms messages etc but not for emails. Unfortunately, our exchange server emails us with alerts and when i'm asleep, 1 beep or 'DROID' probably won't wake me up. It does work great for what it is intended for though. Thanks for the heads up, i am using it for times that I am actually called while on call.

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah, it's a pretty nice addition to the phone. According to Missed Call's help info, when emails arrive, the alert occurs in such a way that they can't catch it.

0 Likes
xander014

Try Klaxon in the market place. Its for SMS but might have email options

0 Likes