Nougat update
markdoc
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will my HTC 10 get the Nougat update?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nougat update
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

When HTC makes it available to Verizon to send to you.

0 Likes
damjr312
Enthusiast - Level 2

Been wondering the same thing. Very frustrated.  First carrier to have the device. Last one to update it.  It's ridiculous.  HTC has already released it for unlocked and other carriers; clearly, it's Verizon holding it up.  

TWALKFAM
Enthusiast - Level 1

Other carriers have updated the M9 and are starting on the M8 update. Come on Verizon, you are the most expensive carrier and worst at service. There needs to be a better answer than when HTC updates it....

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Actually, Verizon's Unlimited plan is cheaper than AT&T and has better feature. VZW is not the most expensive carrier. I have checked out prices because I thought of switching.

0 Likes
damjr312
Enthusiast - Level 2

My HTC 10 is getting Nougat, right now.

dogdays

Careful what you ask for. I got it in late Feb. for my droid 2. I have so many problems now that all they can say is do a factory reset. With 67 apps, and not being able to back up to the cloud this is going to be a pain. I cant even back up to my computer as one problem I have is I cant get the upgrade assistant to up grade my phone to the firmware nor get the repair on same to fix things. Love my phone but now that I live where several other mobile carriers are available my droid may get a new sim card...

0 Likes
damjr312
Enthusiast - Level 2

Warnings noted, and factory data reset in process, unfortunately.  I've got 178 apps, I've backed up everything, and, luckily, had an extra SIM on hand.  Once updated, I couldn't access anything Google - no Gmail, Google Play - nothing.  So, let's see if a reset fixes this. 

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

MONTANABOY57 wrote:

Careful what you ask for. I got it in late Feb. for my droid 2. I have so many problems now that all they can say is do a factory reset. With 67 apps, and not being able to back up to the cloud this is going to be a pain. I cant even back up to my computer as one problem I have is I cant get the upgrade assistant to up grade my phone to the firmware nor get the repair on same to fix things. Love my phone but now that I live where several other mobile carriers are available my droid may get a new sim card...

So the manufacturer breaks the update and you'd jump ship to another carrier? That makes no sense as VZW didn't make the update.

Also ti is know and we talked about it extensively here on this forum that the best thing to do on a major OS update is download and install it and then factory reset.

Seriously, if you have an issue about how the update functions then you have an issue with Motorola and not VZW.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or HTC as they are manufacturer of the phone that originally started this particular thread.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.