Re: Offer setting to force WiFi preference over cellular when WiFi calls are active.
JRP82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah why is the IPHONE set to prefer wifi-calling at 2 bars and Android set to to prefer mobile at 2 bars? This is pretty dumb since you can usually make calls/texts at 2 bars but will not always receive calls/texts at 2 bars. My work phone is an Iphone so I found this difference sitting in the middle of my apartment. Iphone goes to wifi calling while android tries to stay on mobile until 1 bar.... [removed]

Content removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Re: Offer setting to force WiFi preference over cellular when WiFi calls are active.
KenHaley

Weth, I have an iPhone (11 Pro Max), and I have this problem.  It does switch back and forth, but I need it to stay on WiFi calling while I'm at home.  The cellular signal fluctuates significantly here, and many non-wifi calls  start out fine, then become totally unintelligible, forcing me to disconnect and call back.  It would be nice to be able to specify that WiFi calling is preferred even if the cellular signal is strong.  The only time I want to use the cellular signal is if WiFi goes bad (like, I'm driving away from home).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to ensure your service is working the way it should KenHaley. We are happy to help. Is the issue with service only inside your home or are you having trouble outside as well? What is the zip code and nearest intersection where you are experiencing trouble?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes