Re: Official Samsung Pay Thread
Tidbits
Legend

There's more to it than that...  Just go to other forums for customer boards. Ironically the last piece some of the fan sitesite showed Verizon isn't last as much as people make it out to be. They are often second to third out of the top 5 carriers. At times they are first, but often ignored when they are.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Samsung charges for preloaded apps and their CEO admitted this multiple times since 2007. I don't blame any company buying in because they don't have to pay for something they shouldn't have just as much you shouldn't have to pay for something you don't want to pay for. Why didn't Samsung make it a standard features instead of calling it a preloaded feature (yes this matters to Samsung in their own eyes). TouchWiz is a standard features for example.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

In the end, the manufacturers make a phone, but for the phone to be of use, the carrier has to approve its use on their network, so even if everything a maker put into a phone stayed in a phone, the carrier would still have to approve.  I'm not saying Spay negatively impacts quality of service though.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Rejoice?

http://www.androidauthority.com/verizon-samsung-pay-support-galaxy-s6-note-5-via-software-update-647...

FYI if there is a buy in. That FCC and FTC complaint will be thrown out the window by them as they will see it as Samsung trying to make money off their services wick no company should be forced to buy into.

0 Likes
nekto
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon,

I want samsung pay. I have been a loyal verizon wireless customer for years, and this is unacceptable. All your competitors offer it, you need to compete.

I don't want to use google wallet, I want samsung pay.

13eto
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks to everyone that complained about Samsung Pay not being supported on Verizon . Verizon probably saw many of it's  customers switching to other carriers and now they have finally decided to support Samsung Pay. http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/06/verizon-i-can-haz-samsung-pay/

0 Likes
HighTech
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I understand it...Samsung is offering a free wireless charger to customers who subscribe a credit card to samsung pay by October 10th.

If Verizon isn't supporting Samsung Pay by then.....will THEY give us a credit on our bills?

probably not.....but maybe....maybe Samsung will be nice and extend the same offer to Verizon sucker.....errr.... customers.

0 Likes
kjamd2
Enthusiast - Level 2

So is anybody from Verizon going to be kind enough to let us know when "the future" is? Or was that statement (and this thread consolidation) just a sad attempt to try to get your customers to shutup for the time being?

mama23dogs
Legend

Dridas

IT was never on the phone to begin with.  It is added when 5.1.1 update is released, which happened to my bother in laws international, unlocked GS6 a month or so ago.  It still didn't include Android pay until a week ago.

(Im still confused if Android pay is Samsung Pay???  Because there is no app called Samsung pay)

0 Likes
kjamd2
Enthusiast - Level 2

*s̶h̶a̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶d̶... Bangs head on wall!*