Re: Official Samsung Pay Thread
pcconley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why would Verizon make Samsung Pay and Google Play item? That's not how the other carriers did it, was it?

Jogle
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just applied the update, but no Samsung Pay App available, and that includes the Google Play store. I see that Verizon still has some foolishness going on. This will hurt their sales of the Gear S2 and rightfully so. I have the S and didn't get it through Verizon and I'm glad that I didn't. I will get the S2, but probably not through Verizon because of their lack with Samsung Pay. That will always paint my image of them now.

They gave us an update that was supposed to for S Pay, but instead nothing but a cloud of dust.

Thanks again Verizon, but please provide us with Vaseline the next time you're going to screw us.

Jogle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe when it actually comes, even the bones will have withered away.

0 Likes
Dridas
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have received no update in the past couple of weeks. So, now I'm curious, was this an update through the Settings--->System updates, or was it an update to the Samsung Push Service?

0 Likes
CtK4949
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Dridas
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good deal, I guess I'll just have to wait. I've tried to update, and it keeps saying I'm up to date. I guess it's an incremented rollout. Either way- doesn't matter until its available on Google Play, or Galaxy Apps.

0 Likes
BenSalem
Enthusiast - Level 3

So as long as you have the new update installed just download these apk files and you can get Samsung Pay!!   Make sure you install them in order!!  Framework first then the app.

Samsung Pay Framework 01.16.0002 APK Download - APKMirror

Samsung Pay 1.3.2116 APK Download - APKMirror

donsusi
Enthusiast - Level 2

The latest update prepares the phone for Samsung pay.  Here is the info from the release notes.  Looks like it is coming via the play store.

Ryansamsung update1.JPG

HighTech
Enthusiast - Level 2

framework would not download but pay would. pay would not accept a citi card.

Sent from my iPad.

ktplucha
Enthusiast - Level 2

same here. the update details even say it should download the Samsung Pay app and nothing appears.

0 Likes