Old phone number on new SIM card?
PCadrette
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received a new galaxy S6 from my mother.  I was able to transfer all of my content from one phone (old S4) to the new one easily using Samsung Smart Switch.  But unknown to me, the new SIM card is a nano (S4 is a Micro SIM).  Is there a SIM adapter that goes from Micro to Nano?  Or.....Can I bring in the new S6 device and get my cell number assigned to it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Old phone number on new SIM card?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The S4's SIM card won't work in the S6. I got a new SIM card when I replaced my S4 with an S7E.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The S4's SIM card won't work in the S6. I got a new SIM card when I replaced my S4 with an S7E.

0 Likes
PCadrette
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, dexman.  Were you able to keep your same cell number that you had with your S4?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can get a new SIM card free at your local Corporate VzW store or by contacting Customer Service.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yup!

I purchased my S7E at a local Verizon Wireless corporate store. I removed the SIM from my S4 and use it now as a WiFi device for functions that don't require 4G/LTE connectivity.

I'm typing this reply on the S4. ☺

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make that "network connectivity".

0 Likes
PCadrette
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you and TIKIBAR1 both very much.  And as full disclosure.....my 15yo daughter actually helped me transfer all the content....!  (I am not a techno-anything!)