On S5 I am getting all my texts from the day again at night on my wifi
chads680

Hello,

My wife's Galaxy S5 is receiving an entire days worth of text messages at night when she is on our home wifi.
My phone, also an S5 does not. I have set all the settings the same but her's will get all her texts again at night but only when she is on our home wifi.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: On S5 I am getting all my texts from the day again at night on my wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
@chads680

The Samsung Galaxy S 5 is a great device choice!  I want to ensure both you and your wife's devices are working properly.

I want to be sure I understand what you and your wife are experiencing with your devices.  Are you stating that your wife's Galaxy S 5 receives the same duplicate text messages that she received throughout the day, again, at night when she'd connected to your home WiFi network?  Please share details so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
chads680

We both purchased our Galaxy S5s at the same time.

Currently, about 10pm at night when she is at home she will receive all her "received" text messages at one time. Her phone will beep non-stop for 30seconds with all these text messages coming in at the same time.

If she is away from our home, then this batch of text messages will occur the next time the phone connects to our wifi.

Having said that, my S5 does not have this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the details. Let's resolve her texting concerns. Are the messages that come through at night, picture,video or group messages? Does she have any third party texting applications on her phone?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes