One phone slow internet other phone fast internet
KALLIEMR

I have a iPhone 7plus that gets great phone reception and great internet access.  I just added a new line and got the LG K20 V phone.  The phone has great phone reception but the internet keeps switching between 3G and 1G (or whatever the slowest is).  This is with both phones right next to each other in the house.

Why am I not getting consistant, fast internet on the Android phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: One phone slow internet other phone fast internet
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The phone that is experiencing the slow data should be checked to see if it is on Glbal Mode. If it is, switch it to LTE/CDMA.

0 Likes
KALLIEMR

I already checked that (guess I should have mentioned that!).

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We feel your need for speed, KALLIEMR. Let's continue circling the wagons around the cause of this discrepancy.

You mentioned this happens while at the house. When at home are those devices connected to Wi-Fi? Is the side by side difference observed elsewhere?

Another spotcheck to make on the K20 V is ensure Avoid bad Wi-Fi connections is off.
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-210048/

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KATMAK2

where do I check for such a thing?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You should be able to go to settings and search for Mobile Networks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KATMAK2, we certainly want to make sure that you have all the steps that you need. You can follow these steps to avoid bad Wi-Fi connections:

1. From a Home screen, navigate: Settings > Wi-Fi.
    Note If presented with a Wi-Fi tutorial screen, tap Close.
  2. Tap the Menu icon Menu (located in the upper-right).
  3. Tap Advanced Wi-Fi.
  4. Tap Avoid bad Wi-Fi connections to turn On.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

0 Likes
KATMAK2

I have an iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KATMAK2, we apologize for any confusion. The steps NicoleT_VZW has provided above will be steps to take on the LG K20 V. Can you please let us know if these steps worked for you?

Also, we understand the importance of making sure all of your devices have reliable service at all times. Can you please clarify if the LG K20 V has concerns with calls and text as well or only data? Also, how is the device service while outdoors? Can you please follow this link http://vz.to/2tOo63V to disable the HD voice feature from the LG K20 V? Please share results.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes