OnePlus 7 Pro text issue
txmedic
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a OnePlus 7 Pro that I have previously used without issue on the Verizon network. I have decided to step away from an iPhone and go back to the 7P for a change of scenery. I work 24 hour shifts so the added battery life and faster charging speed is a major plus for me when I can't get to charger. There's also a few apps I use for work that work better on Android IMHO. 

After switching back to the device a few days ago, everything works fine except for the fact that I will not receive any text messages. I have disabled iMessage and FaceTime on my iPhone. Previously, my 7P worked as it should and without issue. After a few days of not being able to resolve the issue, I reached out to support. The tech that I spoke to was unable to figure out the issue and reached out to a Tier 2 tech. The second tech simply stated that the phone is not compatible with Verizon's network and that there is no fix. I'm not understanding that when it previously worked without issue and there are plenty of other people on Reddit that are using this phone on Verizon and without issue. Verizon's own website even has it listed as a compatible device with their network when going through the BYOD page. 

Has anyone had a similar issue that they were able to get resolved? I'm slightly frustrated that I have a 9 month old device that I absolutely love that now has one major flaw when being used with VZW. If I can't get this to work, I'm afraid that I may jump back off of the VZW train again. 

0 Likes
Re: OnePlus 7 Pro text issue
JDubble22

TXMedic, did you ever get resolution of your issue?  I just purchased a OnePlus 7T and it wouldn't receive text messages, then it worked for two days (Dec. 8 and 9) and it hasn't received text messages since.  Four calls with customer service and two trips to the Verizon corporate store and still no resolution.  Just looking for them to add the CDMA-Less feature on my phone's account.

0 Likes
txmedic
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oddly enough, a new sim card did the trick for me. If I remember right, you need to talk with a Tier II tech to get CDMA less enabled.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing this experience with us, txmedic. Glad to hear your device is working correctly. JDubble22, please send us a Private Note so we can look into this further.

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know being able to get your texts consistently is essential, JDubble22. We can certainly help look into the issue with you more, so please send us a Private Message.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
KhorosLarry
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the exact same issue and it was crazy, I feel like I tried everything and had a hunch replacing the SIM card would fix it.  Thanks for the suggested answer!  I'll post back once I can speak with a Tier II tech

0 Likes