Re: ByRe: Oneplus 8 update to Android 11 and oxygen 11
Hashmal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like I said earlier, acknowledge that you're moving slower. Maybe ask around, see if there's anything about the holdup that can be publicly disclosed.

It doesn't improve your employer's image to repeatedly talk past a customer's concerns. We learn more from what you refuse to say than from what you say.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hashmal,

I completely understand wanting more details, and rest assured if we had them we'd provide them. At this time, we cannot offer a date, only that when the update comes available it will be listed at the following link, as my colleague advised: https://www.verizon.com/support/software-updates/ I hope this provides clarity.

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
pastapie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've spent hours, days with Verizon garbage techs. Phone, chats getting ping ponged from tier to tier. One time a Verizon tech forward me to ONEPLUS tech and they basically said they can't help me since Verizon modified their actual model. I'm on my third replacement of this garbage phone. I tried to get another brand. Verizon said they can't do that since by manufacturer didn't listed as faulty... even though they are. After being a loyal customer from the 90s and getting nowhere with Verizon. I'm done... 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you get the assistance you need. Please send us a Private Note for assistance with your device concerns.

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
jBerd1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon had NEVER been good with releasing updates for phones. If you want fast updates, unfortunately, unlocked is the only way to go. Or, just ditch Verizon. They're horrible

Re: Oneplus 8 update to Android 11 and oxygen 11
jjjak3108
Enthusiast - Level 2

Pixel. I switched to 1+ from Pixel. Beta/Updates were amazing. Now we wait with excuses. We wait for 1+ to release it (done) We wait for Google (done) We wait for verizon (WHY).... Can someone explain why we can get betas and updates for Pixels but the same isn't available for this phone, through vzw?? I like the phone. I guess I'm spoiled from the last 4 years of Pixel updates. Some responses said something about T-Mobile. Perhaps It's time to check them out, after almost 20 years with verizon...... or unlock the phone so we can update it ourselves.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jjjak3108, We'd be sad to see you leave so early into the new year, so I want to make sure I provide the clarity that you are looking for. As stated in this thread, the developers have not announced the reason for the delay. What I can do is lift up the sentiments of this thread by you and the other OnePlus 8 users to our internal device forums so that your feedback can be lifted. I can see that you and many others are eager to get the latest software, so I will make sure your requests are echoed. The explanation of why the betas of the Pixels are available but not other devices has not been fully confirmed in our resources, but a general understanding is that since Android and Pixel are both owned by Google it is easier for Google to push through beta updates for their own licensed phones. Akane_VZW

0 Likes
jjjak3108
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is absolutely heartbreaking.
Nowhere does it mention Verizon OnePlus 8uw.
Even the OnePlus 6 is getting the update.....

I want my Pixel back!

https://www.androidcentral.com/oneplus-oxygenos-11-android-11

chefy2k4m1978
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm very curious about this myself. I just came from sprint had a oneplus 7 Pro 5G that I could not activate on your network because it's not supported. So I had to upgrade to the 8 and come to find out it's still on oxygen 10. My 7 Pro is updated to oxygen 11 and it's older. Very upset with this. I can't even find any information on this version getting a update. Every other oneplus on every carrier is updated but this one. If I would have known that I would never purchased a Oneplus 8 on verizon. Please let me know this will change. Or I'd like to switch my phone for something different. This phone isn't even old. Makes no sense why it isn't updated. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure you are properly informed about any upcoming software updates available for your device. We would strongly recommend reaching out to your device's manufacturer directly for more information. The following link will take you to OnePlus Support Page. https://www.oneplus.com/support
GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes