Pantech Breakout Problems HELP!!
erikam0789

HELP ME! My pantech breakout is having major problems! 1. It says there is no SIM Card when the SIM card is in the phone 2. I cant make phone calls or text or anything. 3. It says it is January 6, 1980 12:15 am; it is actually September 1, 2013 6pm. 4. This is the second time it has done this and the first time I took it to verizon and they just did a factory reset, so I tried that and now I cant do anything on my phone. I cant take it to Verizon again because it is Sunday and tomorrow is Labor Day and i can't go 3 days without a phone. Please someone help me!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pantech Breakout Problems HELP!!
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could try resetting/reseating the SIM card, i.e., turn off the phone, remove the SIM card, wait several minutes, reinsert the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and then see if it reconnects to the network.  If that doesn't work, you may have a bad SIM card.

0 Likes
erikam0789

Where is my SIM Card located? I took out the battery and the only cards are my micro sd card or a red 4g lte card.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

The red LTE card is the SIM card.

0 Likes
erikam0789

ok thank you so much i will try and see if that works

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 'red 4g lte card' is your SIM card.  Be careful when handling it, i.e., don't touch the gold contacts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Erikam0789,

Never fear help is here! I know how important it is to have a properly working phone. Did you get the device to work with removing the sim card? If not, please accept my follow and send me a Direct Message with your mobile number for account review. We look forward to helping.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes