Part of photos disappeared after reset and recovery
Cloudnew

Yesterday while with a VZW rep, I was told I must reset my phone (Galaxy S3) in order to try to fix a no data issue. That did not solve the problem but anyway, everything was backed up to the Verizon Cloud over WiFi before the reset and recovered after the reset. However, I found out that most of my pictures and videos (~80-90%) were gone after the recovery was complete. Only about 200 pretty old pictures and 5 videos are there. Contacts and texts look up to date.

Another call to VZW, no solution to that. Same photos that are on the phone are on the Cloud. No SD card installed. No photos on my Gmail account.

During recovery, I got a prompt saying "Gallery would like to: Picasa Web Albums" I ignored that since I never used or installed Picasa.

Any ideas on where these precious photos and videos might be or how to recover them will be HIGHLY appreciated!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Part of photos disappeared after reset and recovery
Cloudnew

After some digging I found out that all the photos and videos actually failed to be backed up although I watched the progress of uploading on the phone and it showed specifically that it is backing them up to the cloud (together with messages, call history, etc. which it did back up). The only photos and videos that were backed up had been downloaded on January 2014, probably when I was in the Verizon shop to fix some minor problem. No sign of my photos on the Cloud. VERY unhappy with the Cloud service by Verizon. It was a BIG MISTAKE to listen to the rep and rely on cloud backup. Should have backed up to computer and only then done reset!

0 Likes