Password
Jasmuel
Enthusiast - Level 1

My fingerprint scan won't work and I can't remember my password. Is there any way to avoid a factory reset?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Password
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

First if you set an alternate password you can use that. Your next step is Android Device Manager for your device and your Google account. You can use Android Device Manager and your Google account password to unlock your phone if set up. If not you need to do an FDR (factory data reset). If your data is backed up to Google you will be able to restore with no lost. If not your data will be lost.

View solution in original post

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

First if you set an alternate password you can use that. Your next step is Android Device Manager for your device and your Google account. You can use Android Device Manager and your Google account password to unlock your phone if set up. If not you need to do an FDR (factory data reset). If your data is backed up to Google you will be able to restore with no lost. If not your data will be lost.

tbo27
Master - Level 2

Also if you've done a Verizon cloud backup should get some stuff back. Id Take a memory card out if alt fdr