Re: Petition for KitKat on S4, Note 3, LG G2 (4.4 update)
schtefan
Contributor - Level 1

The 4.4.2 Kitkat update is pure CRAP - DO NOT UPDATE

jevzwny
Enthusiast - Level 1

There seem to be a few threads about the KitKat/S4 update, and I'm not sure which to post in. I updated a few days ago and I'm having ALL KINDS of problems, including:

- Phone periodically reboots w/o warning. This never happened before.

- Can no longer disable notifications from the S Planner suite of apps. So if you use Google Calendar and had Samsung's calendar disabled, the update will cause both calendars to post notifications. I haven't found a workaround for this yet (S Planner Killer app in the Play store didn't work for me).

- WiFi connection seems to die intermittently. Disabling and re-enabling it seems to return connectivity. The problem is you may not realize you haven't had connectivity until you actively try to use the internet, etc.

- 3rd party apps can no longer write to an SD card. This is a known issue and I've read it's be (Google) design), but I'll still mention it here. This means that you can't, for example, use an SD card to cache Spotify playlists - they must be stored on device storage.

VERIZON - Any plans to address this?

0 Likes
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

I'm thinking that maybe Verizon is waiting for KitKat 4.4.3 for the Note 3. KitKat 4.4.3 is supposed to fix a lot of the problems that 4.4.2 has. If 4.4.3 really is better than 4.4.2, then maybe the wait would be slightly worth it.

Blazer0981
Enthusiast - Level 3

The best part of this entire thing? All you lovers that are having issues after complaining for so long. Karma is a mf'er Lmao.

I haven't had a single issue. NONE. The update was a very minor one. No major physical changes. And you all acted like it was going to revamp the entire OS. LMAO! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABAHA. You all deserve every issue you've experienced and the issues still to come, too.

0 Likes
XEROX6947
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow dude your hair is on fire

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
JaxGuy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, and signed

kay_dee_gee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure what phone you or others that have rec'd update are using. But the Verizon Galaxy Note3 has not rec'd the update yet. And neither have any of the Samsung S phones other than the 5. WHICH are the phones the original poster was referring to. Guessing ur karma will be a V8? (Give it a minute, you'll get it.)

That said - the Note3 update is necessary and we're raising cain over it because all of the OTHER app software from Verizon, Samsung, Google etc... are already updated FOR kitkat. I personally loathe updates. I like my Note3 the way I bought it. However it no longer functions properly due to software conflicts.  It's like trying to use Windows 7 software/program on a PC that's running Windows 98. (Since many W7 programs can revert down to XP, I chose 98, cuz more people can relate to the conflict issue w/those).

Anyway.. Those of us that bought the Note3, chose it for its functionality to be a phone, tablet, laptop all in one. We use it for business and depend heavily upon it. Due to "out of date" OS software.. The tablet/laptop functions have become less dependable and now - we just have really big phones.

I think the biggest complaint we have about Verizon regarding this issue - is they're not telling us ANY THING.  Maybe it IS that they're waiting on the kit kat 4.4.3 or whatever the heck was mentioned above. If that's the case TELL US! Personally, as a 10+ year VZW customer w/8 lines and experience with a majority of their phones ever offered. The delay.... is due to their own bloatware. The Note3 is full of bloat from Samsung, Google and Verizon.  Fixing one, fouls another. And Verizon is at the end of the line after Samsung/Google.  They HAVE to rewrite, cuz the bloatware is already on the phones. But if they'd never put the crap on them in the first place - it wouldn't be an issue. 

All explanations aside.  I (we) have phones that aren't functioning properly.  I don't care why. I bought it from Verizon, I pay them close to $1000 a month. I hold them accountable and I want what I'm paying for.

Each line is its own contract.  Therefore, I (we) can separate each of them into separate complaints, up to the maximum amounts allowed and take this to small claims court to recoup some of the money back - that they have been paid for services they have not provided. 

I don't want to leave VZW, they have the best coverage for my area.  So, I'll get my money back and keep my services.  Cuz all that matters to me, is that I get what I pay for.

Cruser2008
Contributor - Level 2

As of your post today, I've had Kit Kat on my S4 for 2 weeks.

0 Likes
stanleybb50
Enthusiast - Level 2

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizons-samsung-galaxy-note-3-gets-wired-kitkat-update

^^^Just saw this article. Haven't validated anything yet however.

0 Likes
4_4_2SDTRANSFER
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's a FACT! CRAP! Not only do they not warn you, but on the GS4's most of the apps you use to read/write to your microSD card will NO LONGER work. You will no longer be able to store MANY MANY files on your SD card.

This is not a bug, but rather a strategic move for safety (they claim). I spend two days trying to figure out why all of a sudden many files disappeared and apps just did not work. I also started to get suspicious when my wife's GS4, which got the KitKat update at the same time, had the exact same problems. Some good Apps (paid for) no longer work. Our phones crashed because it took some of that data and dumped it on the local storage and FILLED the card up in a few seconds.

Ditto. Crap! Don't do it. Demand a change or a fix. If I wanted a phone like that I'd get an fn iPhone?

0 Likes