Phone app connection issue
ElisabethD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Galaxy A50 since October 2019. I am having connection issues using the phone functionality. I cannot always connect when I place a call. I cannot always answer when someone calls me. When I do connect, the caller often can't hear me, or they hear something garbled, or we will be having a 10-20 minute conversation when suddenly they can no longer hear me. Verizon sent me a new phone, but I am having the same issue. I tried wifi calling, turning off wifi calling, & resetting my network - nothing works consistently. Did I mention that the problem is only in my home or office? It works fine at the local Verixon dealer; it works fine in my car in random parking lots. But not in my home, except sometimes. It's so frustrating. Anyone have any other ideas I can try? I am wondering if a network extender would be necessary (I have a wifi booster), but it happens when I have full bars of network, too. Verizon techs are stumped. Your help is appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Phone app connection issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are terribly sorry to read that you have been having issues with your services for so long and we would like to help. What is your ZIP Code? Are other users in the area having the same trouble?

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
ElisabethD
Enthusiast - Level 2

My zip code is 54751. My husband, who also has a new Galaxy A50 is having the same issue - irregular phone connection; irregular signal strength. These issues are separate and do not correlate. That is, I can have phone connection difficulties when I have 5 bars of network service; I can have phone difficulties when I am connected to wifi calling with full bars of service, including a wifi extender. My daughter, who was recently visiting, has an iPhone through Verizon and had the same phone connection difficulties in my home. I do not have difficulties all the time. I don't have difficulties in other areas of the zip code. I don't understand it. The seeming randomness makes it difficult to pinpoint a cause.

Thank you for checking into this for us.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are not showing any alerts for that location. Let's proceed into the account, so we can dig further into this. We will send a Private Note, so we can assist you better. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
ElisabethD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have responded more than once to this private message and get a message that someone from Verizon would be contacting me shortly. It hasn't happened yet. Do you have any other ways to help me?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ElisabethD, we want to ensure your concerns have been addressed. We have reached out to you in a Private Message. You will want to check your messages to work with us in Private. If you still come across issues with your Private Messages, please reach out to us on Facebook (Verizon) or Twitter (@VZWSupport) and we can work with you there.  

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
ElisabethD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, Christine. I have been in communication with customer support through the Private Message function. Thank you for checking.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure all your questions are answered and all your issues are resolved.  Is there anything else that we can assist you with?  Are you receiving full assistance through the other platform?  SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
ElisabethD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am receiving assistance through the other platform. It is confusing that their are two platforms, both answered by Verizon Customer Support, but separate.

I do not have phone functionality yet, but Verizon has determined that it is not an issue with my phone or the Verizon network, but a weak signal inside my home that would be aided by a stronger internet (not Verizon) service in my home. I made need to add a network extender that requires this stronger internet signal, but I will determine that later. Wifi calling on this faster internet may be sufficient. I don't quite understand this, but I am proceeding to find an affordable, faster internet service - so that my phone can work as a phone!

I have outlined this solution in case this "answer" can help someone else experiencing similar issues. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
ElisabethD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally have a working phone function on my Galaxy A50. I switched internet service to a faster plan and added a Verizon network extender to my set up. These two steps have allowed me to make and receive phone calls from my home. Finally!

0 Likes