Phone is making calls to random numbers on its own.
VAPORLOCK

The phone is dialing random numbers that are not in my contacts.  The phone log shows the numbers that are dialed.  I really want to stop this.  I recently moved over to Verizon from AT&T.

The phone calls are not showing up on my usage on the Verizon website but are visible on the "Recent" call on the phone itself.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone is making calls to random numbers on its own.
rcschnoor
Legend

Some people call this pocket/purse dialing and happens when the pressure on the face of the device randomly opens the dialing app, presses some numbers and attempts to make a call. Sometimes when those numbers end up with a failed call, as in an invalid phone number, that number would show up on your phone's recent calls but not in your Verizon website call log.

I have had people pocket dial me, had my phone pocket dial others and taken my phone out of my pocket and seen a bunch of random numbers displayed on the phone dialer OR numbers/letters/symbols even in a text waiting to be sent.

You would be more likely to stop this if you have a phone case such as one of the following. Of these types of cases are made for many different brands of phones and it adds quite a bit of bulk to your phone.Smiley Happy

Verizon Shell Holster Combo for Pixel - Verizon Wireless

Case-Mate Wallet Folio Case for Pixel - Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
VAPORLOCK

This is not a pocket or purse dialing situation.  The phone was in a holder on my dashboard.  The phone went from the home screen to the phone screen and the number dialed.  I watched it do this.  I heard the phone ringing on the other end before I ended the call.  Should I try to get a replacement for this phone?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It is also possible that one of the apps you have installed on your phone initiated the call. Many apps are given permission to make phone calls when you install them. If this is a recent development, you may want to scrutinize apps you have recently installed. Go into the permissions on those apps and remove the permission to make phone calls.