Phone keeps switching to vibrate on its own
rotig813

I have an LG G6 and when I have my phone in silent mode (because I am at work or in a meeting), my phone keeps switching to vibrate on its own.  It is even switching to vibrate when I am not using the phone (like it is just sitting on my desk or the table).  I don't know how to stop this from happening.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone keeps switching to vibrate on its own
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand the frustration of having your phone switch from silent to vibrate on it's own rotig813. I'm sorry this is happening but we can help. Did the issue start to occur after an update to your phone? Is your software up to date? https://vz.to/2wiv6Y3 Are you using any 3rd party sound apps that could interfere with the stock apps on your phone? 

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rotig813

Yes it started to happen after the latest software update that came thru.  I am not using any 3rd party sound apps.  Looking at the software info on my phone, I have the software patch of 4/1/18 that your link references.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that information, rotig813. Have you gone into the sound profile and checked the "do not disturb" settings? You are able to change or remove notifications there. I have included the LG G6 user manual for more detailed information: https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/user_guide/lg-g6-user-guide.pdf.

Tina_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rotig813

So, I don't think you are understanding what I am talking about.  While I have a "Do Not Disturb" set for while I sleep (9:30pm-7am), I am not talking about about this.  I am talking about during the day while I am at work or in a meeting.  On the pull down menu, I click on the sound icon to change it from sound on to silent.  Then without any action from me, it will sometimes switch from silent to vibrate (I have actually seen it have when I am just holding my phone and not touching that area of the screen) without any action from me (and it has happened when I am not touching the phone and it is just sitting on my desk).

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone does have the option to set up non-disturb times based on your calendar events or work hours if you choose.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes