Phone locks up after the last android update.
crntsrc

After the last android update my phone freezes up, It happens 2 or three times a day. It doest seem to matter what I am doing. The screen turns black, sometimes the phone will get really sluggish be before it freezes.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone locks up after the last android update.
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Which phone do you have? On most android phones if you clear the cache partition after you get an update it clears out all the old files that maybe conflicting with the new ones. Depending on the phone you have on my phone I do the hold the  power-volume up-home to get to the recovery mode then just use the volume key to go to clear cache partition- then power then volume down to say yes and do the power button again. When you clear the cache partition it does not mess up your settings on the phone.

0 Likes
Re: Phone locks up after the last android update.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are meant to enhance and improve your device, crntsrc. Let's check your device to ensure it's working properly. Please complete a device health check on your device and check any areas not in green, http://spr.ly/658787YgP. Since the update, have you updated all apps to ensure everything is in sync? What is the make and model of your phone?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes