Phone uses data while on wifi
specka86

Is there something I need to turn off or on? My husband is always home and uses his phone a lot. We have wifi there, so his usage should be very minimal. However he ends up using 5 to 6 gigs a month. How does this happen? I am so close to getting him on a sprint plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone uses data while on wifi
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

What type of phone do you have? I have a s7 edge and there is so many things on it that will update by it self if you don't go into each setting and set them to wifi. I would start with the play store and open it then go to the 3 little bars on the left hand side and go to settings then the first one auto-update apps put it on

do not auto update apps. That for one will save a lot.Then go to settings -data usage-mobile data usage

then from in there you can restrict which apps use the mobile data. Hope this helps there are so many settings that burn up data on these phone I am sure someone else will tell us about some other settings that are using up your data

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or they could turn off the cellular data connection while they are connected to the wifi router for extended periods of time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

not using auto switch between network & wi-fi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Specka86, we would never want you to have a negative experience with us and we wouldn't want this to cause you to go somewhere else. We know how important it is to monitor your data usage and ensure that you can take advantage of Wi-Fi to conserve your usage. We want to help get this resolved and we'll just need to ask a few questions to make sure we have a full understanding.  May we ask what kind of device your husband is using? Does he use his phone outside of the home at all? Has his data usage suddenly increased or do you typically find that he's using 5-6 GB per month on average?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes