Picture messages recieved only 50k or below.
Cyberbearz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded to the TCL 5G, and my received pictures are now blurry and small. When I look at the stats they are 50kb or under, and when I go back to older received pics from my OnePlus and S9 they are closer to a meg. I know compressions is a must in MMS, but they are almost unrecognizable. I have tried Google messages, Textra and Message plus. I have sent myself pictures from an iPhone 7 and S9 to test and outgoing seem fine. I have cleared cache even though its a new phone, and reset all network settings. Spent hours on hold to never make it to tier 2. Could it be a provisioning issue where I had CDMA-less texting on my OnePlus 7 pro? None of the script readers can assist. Great device but I need to be able to receive legible pics on my device. 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Picture messages recieved only 50k or below.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've checked all of the boxes by trying all of those different messaging apps on the TCL 10 5G UW. Much appreciated. 
When sending a large photo are there any messages about "Attachment limit reached" ? 

Cyberbearz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zero issues sending. Only receiving. Picture average only 50kb when they reach me. My ones going out show up fine on my test devices.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you! Are you still having this experience? 

Chris_VZW

0 Likes
Cyberbearz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes.. Even today I had my daughter send me pics from her iPhone XR on both Google and VZW messengers and they were both overly compressed. A receipt pic from the wifes SE2020 was barely legible.. Pics to my previous devices were good enough to be reposted on socials.. Have not been able to get a solid answer on this..

0 Likes
MARWYV77

I am also experiencing this issue and I am unable to find a solution on the internet to this. The issue began when switching phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MARWYV77, we always want to make sure that you receive all picture messages. Please tell us, what is the make and model of your device? Does this happen when connected to Wi-Fi and data alike? Have you noticed if this issue happens everywhere or only in certain locations?

LauraF_VZW 

0 Likes
b4evercountry

I just got my wife a TCL phone also. Same thing. Her MMS photos always come in very small file size, and blurry. All others in the group chat get nicer photos just over 1mb. I can put her SIM in her old pixel phone, and all messages come through at higher resolution. First time we've ever experienced this, and we've had multiple brands of android smartphones

0 Likes
b4evercountry

I should add, happens on data network, or Wifi. No difference. Tried 3 messaging apps, all set with MMS max size to 2mb.

Happy to provide more details or have a chat with someone. She really likes the phone, but this is annoying

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, b4evercountry. We are very sorry to hear about the resolution for MMS picture messages that is coming up on your wife's TCL phone We definitely want to help here at Verizon Wireless in every way that we can. Can you please share with us how this device was purchased? Are pictures that are taken on the device with the phone app coming up okay?  -Brett

0 Likes