Re: Picture messages recieved only 50k or below.
Landsharkbark

I have the exact same issue.  Went from moto z using the Google message app, all incoming images decent resolution, to tcl 10 5g uw and nothing I use or set will make images ok. They are all under 50kb and awful, mostly unviewable. Is there some Verizon setting that gets set with a phone switch at effects this?  All my outgoing images I send go out at ok resolutions. 

0 Likes
Cyberbearz
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems going to CDMA-less provisioning cleared this up.. Pictures seem fine to and from IOS/Android at this point..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Landsharkbark, we want to ensure you can receive those pictures in the full resolution. You mentioned you switched from the Moto Z to the TCL 10 5G. Can you advise if you used the same 4G LTE SIM card from the old device or did you obtain a new 5G LTE SIM card? Also, did we perform the activation in order to make sure that the necessary features were provisioned such as CDMA-less and 5G services?

-Ebony

0 Likes
Landsharkbark

It actually was a moto Z3 if that makes any difference.  It didn't swap sim cards.  It was a normal swap out of phones at the local Verizon store.  I got the new tcl 10 5g in the box at store and just opened and started using it.  There wasn't any in store configuring that I was aware of.  I have had the issue since opening it and just lived with it.  But it is starting to get annoying. Thanks for any ideas.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can completely understand your frustration with this matter, can you please send us a Private Message, so we can look into this? *Lisa

0 Likes
getgab92

I recently purchased a TCL 10 L UW and am having the same issue. Over wifi or data. I did not swap out my SIM from my old phone. Just used the new one that came with the phone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

getgab92, making sure you are able to adjust change your picture resolution is important. Let's review the details. Can you please follow this link https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-235589/ and reference the Settings section. What options do you see for the Photo size/Video quality from your device camera settings? -Sylvia

0 Likes
TheBS1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently purchased a Sony Xperia 1 III and moved over to Verizon when I got the phone. Right away I was having issues receiving text messages. (Sending text messages were fine.) I did learn that I was only able to receive text messages while connected to WiFi. After speaking with customer service over the phone they were able to resolve this issue.

I recently learned that I'm also having issues sending and receiving MMS messages. Pictures and GIFs are heavily compressed to about 20-50 kB each. Videos are split up into an image and a sound clip. I've tried multiple apps from the Play Store without seeing any improvement. As far as I can tell RCS messaging doesn't work at all. Being connected to WiFi does not improve anything. 

I do see other users posting about this in the Samsung forum here:
https://community.verizon.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Series/Incoming-MMS-Blurry-amp-Incoming-Video-Brok...

As far as I can see this isn't related to any specific brand/model. Could this be caused by phones being bought outside Verizon? I purchased my phone unlocked at Best Buy for example. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to see you enjoy every aspect of the phone that is possible. I can confirm that certain features are not guaranteed on unlocked devices since they were not programmed to the direct standard of our service. Please send a Private Note and we can investigate the settings on your account to ensure all MMS features are provisioned correctly. -Yale

0 Likes
JaneD56

Hi! Same issue here. Endless conversations with Verizon customer service. No help. Did you ever find a solution?

0 Likes