Pixel XL, XL+, V30, and Fairness of Support by VZW
stef7
Master - Level 2

Would one of the moderators create topic areas for these three phones made by LG?

Also, would someone involved in products determine why when one hits the www.verizonwireless.com main page, the V30 is not shown as one of the "Best Phones" on the "Best Network"? The V30 is one of the more significant, technologically advanced phones on any carrier. VZW is running an outstanding $200USD rebate + VR Daydream + Content bundle. Talk about functionality and value compared to Samsung and Apple?

But who will know about it unless VZW advertises it?

There are people like myself who have been lontime LG users and advocates. Recent issues with LG products on VZW have me quite perplexed, for example the LG Watch Sport that was never introduced because of supposed defects, and the LG Urbane 2nd Ed Smartwatch that still hasn't been updated to Android Wear 2.0, but it has been on AT&T...

And then there has been the extremely problematic launch of the Apple Watch Series 3 and all of the activation issues.

How about a bit better, more fair support for LG products?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel XL, XL+, V30, and Fairness of Support by VZW
stef7
Master - Level 2

I forgot to mention. LG is making the warranty on the V30 two years if you follow instructions in the promotion. I went into a VZW store yesterday to hold one, and they didn't have one. Woops!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

At best I can figure out, the reasoning for when or if a device specific space is created depends on how much traffic that device is getting. There might other reasons as well that I'm unaware of that goes into the decision of the community management. The Moderators don't seem to handle the creation of topic spaces here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Probably, once people start submitting questions, a "Place" or "Topic" is created and the post or posts moved there. I thought they got created first. I'm OK with that.

I think "traffic" is a possible explanation behind my question in my post. But, logically, if things aren't advertised and promoted properly, that "traffic" is artificially diminished.

In three cases: LG Watch Sport Smartwatch, LG Urbane 2nd Ed SmartWatch, LG V30, we are talking about technology that is exceptional, but in first case, the product is delayed for a long period and is cancelled, in the 2nd case the product isn't updated to AW2.0 (even if the update was previewed by developers on that watch and AT&T users get it, VZW users still waiting), and in the 3rd case, well, I'm at a loss. The V30 is less expensive, technically it is not bested by the other phones, and is warrantied longer than the other products that have prominence on the site.

Very odd.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

It's so sad now. When you go to the community landing page, there are THREE adds for Samsung (S8/S8+, and 2 for Note8 (which appears to be replicated by mistake - unless they are intentionally targeting sales for the Note8)). I'm beginning to feel sorry for the webmaster.