Re: Poor Coverage Verizon heavy handed attitude Unwilling to resolve.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy reliable service in your home area jphcc! I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced difficulties lately. What is your zip code? Have you received the replacement plug that you referenced? What were the results of your last interactions with our network extender support team? We should always provide options!

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Poor Coverage Verizon heavy handed attitude Unwilling to resolve.
KD4PBA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

So I got the extender. It took about 2 hours to set up. The system light flashed red for a long time, Eventually it started working, I am guessing it just had to update and obtain GPS data. Additionally I opened the recommend ports on my firewall. So far it works fine. When I dial *48 it says it failed to complete set up, but again it is working.  I will follow up with support next week just to make sure it is configured correctly.  I will say it has made a difference as I can use my phone in my house now. The range could be a little better but I live in a 3100 SQ FT 2 story house and my only option is to have the extender downstairs when my gear is located. The house was not pre-wired for CAT 5 :-(.

I am trying this out for 2 weeks if all goes well I think we are done with this issue. Eventually I think this will become a non issue as this area is growing at a rapid pace. I am sure another tower will go up in the next year or 2.

The main issue I had was just how the case was handled. While engaged with support everyone is fine. Its the lack of follow up with the customer the really frustrated me.  I think folks need to be aware of the expectations up front.  Yes I probably personally have an issue with this as I have done it for over 20 years. But folks need to know that your SLA for issues like this is 2 days period. Even then there is no promise that the customer will be provided a solution.

While it is noted in the fine print, Verizon , and this is not just Verizon is not obligated to provide anyone with anything when it comes to coverage.  I know that sounds heavy handed but it is reality. Nobody can make a promise like that.

My issue is when a Manager or a rep says I will call you back or engage you at a specific time and they don't , that is just poor service. Additionally Just tossing in the towel and saying ok we will just cancel everything without making an effort is also not a great approach.

Yes I was [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] but then again part of that is me. I can't change that. I hold a high level of expectation because I have been there and done that. I kind of miss it sometimes,

While it was not the best route the customer did get engagement and was offered what Verizon could realistically offer which was a good compromise. That is all I was asking for to start with..............