Re: Poor Customer service longest wait times
Anonymous
Not applicable

On hold now for 1 hr going on 2 hrs trying to get an issue solved that should have been fixed 4 days ago. No one ever picks up and if they do I get immediately hung up on...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, MELAMELISSAMEL. We know how important it is for you receive assistance for your service concern. We would be happy to help you here. To get started, we have sent you a Private Note. *Cassie

0 Likes
DLynn3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here it is January 8, 2022, and nothing has changed.  I chatted with someone two days ago who helped me change my plan to unlimited minutes for two lines on my account.  I was given a loyalty discount plus another discount if I arranged to set up an auto payment.  I clarified that that would be two different discounts and the agent said yes.  With the discounts that cover both lines and for unlimited minutes the next monthly bill would be approximately a total of $89.00.  I am not someone who just says, "Oh, yah!" And believe they understood or I understood the details, so I repeated each thing: (1) one discount for being loyal, (2) another discount if I set up auto-pay, (3) both lines are covered, (4) and the new bill will be $89. (plus some change).  They said yes.  I agreed. The bill for next month is $175.01!!!!  AND NOW I HAVE BEEN ON HOLD WITH SUPPORT FOR OVER AN HOUR WHEN I WAS TOLD approx. 38 minutes.  No one helps at Verizon anymore!!! I want a real person--a human, who is fluent in the American English language!

skorpyo34
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good luck to you. The once best in customer service is now hands down the absolute worst, not to mention dreadful and miserable employees in the retail stores. 

0 Likes
mistifa
Enthusiast - Level 2

I so agree!! On hold for an hour then painful 2 hr chat that didn't solve my problem - which was one of their making! Kept saying "I'm an hour [then 1.5, then 2] late for work, what is it we're working on right now? & getting generic responses like "please stay on the line, I am working on solving your problem", and "I am still here with you" which I thought was odd, well of course you should still be here with me since you told me you were working on my problem!

But I was afraid to hang up & have to start all over again some other day ... so I  feel like I was kidnapped by their really really bad customer service!

In the end all I got after being 2+ hrs late for work was a generic video saying we don't have good service in your area [uh, yeah, I knew that already!]  buy this network extender" which wasn't even why I called in the first place! ARGH!

So I just tried to post this but couldn't b/c they said I used a bad word when I said their customer service was a word that rhymes with happy but starts with the same 2 letters that crazy starts with ... since when is that a "bad word"?! If the shoe fits .....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here, DLynn3. So sorry for the time put into things. I have sent a Private Note where we can look at the statement together.

-David

0 Likes
DLynn3
Enthusiast - Level 1

It finally was worked out after being on the phone for almost 2.5 hours.  Someone finally answered in customer support after being on hold for almost 1.5 hours.  LIke someone previously said, "I hated to hang up and have to start the wait time all over again!"  The agent who finally assisted me was great, but really....Verizon needs to remedy this.  2.5 hours to get a solution.  The poor agent was even on hold to get the information she needed from her own company!  That's not fair to your employees or to those who make you money (the customer).  Fix this poor, poor, poor service!  

0 Likes
Fattycat78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Been on hold for an agent for 2 1/2 hours and counting. I regret switching, been horrible since I did. No help ever just run around, I’ll get back to you answers 😡

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fattycat78, your time is important to us and we are sorry to hear that so much of it has been spent on hold. We truly are here to assist and never want you feeling that you have made a mistake by joining the family. Please use the message sent in Private, so we may continue this conversation. -LorenB_VZW  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jackthepumpkinking
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't give them excuses and sound like a sheep.

They are one of the richest phone companies. They just simply refuse to staff enough people. And have used the pandemic on top of it as an excuse to staff even less people which makes zero sense.

0 Likes