Re: Poor or no reception using the Samsung Galaxy Note 3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mikebbass!

Your efforts are greatly appreciated! Let's Look into this, please Private Message me for additional assistance.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mikebbass
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess I am an idiot because I dont see a way to PM you.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How To: Direct Message  and  AyaniB_VZW

mikebbass
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks thats better, I saw no clickable link for her before.

rexcass
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the issues.

we had customer support from verizon do all of the things listed I.e. Safe mode, hard reset etc.. And then waited 2 weeks for a patch he thought might be coming soon.

As of now, no patch, phone signal is as bad as ever, battery drains looking for a signal And know the customer support (Cory) won't respond to my emails.

he said that he would arrange for a replacement under the manufacturer warranty.

alliecat0817

I Am having the exact same problem since the 4.4.2 update. My phone was perfectly fine before this and now it is unusable as far as mobile reception. At work, no reception and a bunch of other places. Tons of dropped calls.  Went to VZW store and they put in a new SIM card. That did nothing.  I did a factory reset. That did nothing. I'm disgusted. And I don't get why Verizon acts like they know nothing about this issue. It's widely reported.

Ive been a verizon customer since 1993 or 1994 and my reception has always been spectacular until now.

What are yall going to do to fix this.? The problem is Android 4.4.2, not the phone, clearly.  Since the phone was perfect before the update.

Extremely frustrating.  We all pay you wayyyyy too much money for no reception!!!!!!

And I can't call y'all because I have no reception!!!!!!

0 Likes
rushmore69
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another thread and MANY forums stating the same issues.  Easily the most prolific same issue since the infamous antenna issue with the iPhone 4s.  At least you can hold the 4s differently

Verizon needs to fix the issue.  Force all Verizon leadership to carry the Note 3.  Maybe then it will get fixed Smiley Happy

BGKaake
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband and I both purchased this device and have been having dropped calls, calls going to VM instead of ringing, and no reception. Verizon did all the troubleshooting suggestions listed above and we have called MANY times since first having this problem within days of purchasing the phones. They keep saying they will get to the  bottom of it and get back to us in 24-48 hours...no call back, no response. My husband is a doctor and has missed emergency calls as a result...you would think Verizon/Samsung would understand the liability issue. Now we are having problems getting the rebates we were promised after sending all the paperwork. We are NOT happy customers at the moment.

0 Likes
tbillow
Enthusiast - Level 1

Kit Kat broke our phones. Verizon pretends it isn't happening. Very frustrating. My Note 3 has the worst reception of any phone I ever owned. Family members all have android devices (not the note 3) and have great reception when I have none.

Unhappynote3

I am having the same problem as all of you...it started about 2 months ago. In the past 24 hours We lost complete coverage on both of our phones the past 2 days driving in and around major cities like Indianapolis and cincinatti.    We would lose it then it would come back. ..I paid 300 a piece for these (removed) phones and I'm going to have to go to a different phone if not carrier.   It used to be a good phone now it is really terrible.  Done the factory reset, new Sim card..wife is pregnant and can't trust this phone anymore.

Message edited as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes