Poor sound quality with Android Auto
JAMCOL97

I recently purchased a new phone (Samsung J3 V) in order to use Android Auto in my new car (VW Golf SEL).

When I stream music within Android Auto (TuneIn or Spotify) the audio quality is not good.  The sound is "flat", "tinny", etc.  The USB cable I'm using is the one that came in with the phone.  When I stream TuneIn or Spotify over Bluetooth, the quality is much better.  When my wife used her iPhone / Carplay, the sound was fine.

I really prefer Android Auto over CarPlay, but I have no idea why the sound quality is poor- is it the phone, is it Android Auto itself?

If I can get a quantifiable answer it can save me from having to switch over to an iPhone.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor sound quality with Android Auto
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAMCOL97 I regularly use my phone to stream music in my car. I understand the importance of wanting clear sound, especially for those longer trips. I want to make sure I have all the right details, you can use your preferred music method over Bluetooth with no issue, but the aux cable produces a tinny sound? Have you been able to try the aux cable on any other device to see if you experience the same issue?  

Melissa_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Poor sound quality with Android Auto
JAMCOL97

I have since exchanged the Samsung J3 V for and iPhone 6s and the sound

quality is fine using CarPlay. I really like Android Auto.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem feasible to try out different phones to see

whether it was the phone, Android Auto, or a combination of the two giving

me poor sound quality.

Jim

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 10:03 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes