Pre-ordered the Google Pixel xl and then.......disappointment
ellimor
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I have the infamous and dangerous Note 7. The second one. I preordered the Google Pixel xl on the 16th of October. Received confirmation that my new and less deadly device would ship on the 28th of October, today. Today, October 28th, I received an email saying the it has been pushed back to the 2nd of December. I would think that they would have already set aside the number of phones to be shipped. Especially to those replacing this ticking fire bomb known as the Note 7 that has been recalled. And since they have not replaced it, and sent me this email, I guess that they are taking responsibility for any problems that the Note 7 may or may not cause........can you see how a lawyer would spin this in court Verizon? I would imagine that this post won't be addressed. But I feel better saying it. Guess we will see what Verizon will do. And yes, I would take it to court if something happened with this phone and it damages my property or worst hurt my family.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pre-ordered the Google Pixel xl and then.......disappointment
Snn5
Legend

Carriers can't always stock up new devices, especially devices that are not exclusive to just one carrier, in the volume of millions to replace 1 model of phone sold in the millions on many carriers where a different manufacturer has no control over another manufacturer's stock availability and production. 

Basically:  The Pixel and the Note 7 were on multiple carriers.  Google didn't produce Pixels with the Note 7 recall in mind at the time neither existed.  Neither phone is exclusive to any carrier (compatibility-wise) and asking Verizon to replace one phone with a new one that is all the rage and in short supply, especially given that there are so many Note 7s needing replacing, is a tall order given the ratio and timeline of the numbers.

Many Note 7 owners are scrambling to find a replacement phone.  This puts a strain on all other manufacturer's supply.  I can see why ship dates would be pushed back.

0 Likes
diredup
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually, Verizon is the inclusive carrier for the Pixel, or you can order it direct from Google.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon's exclusivity is only for them to be allowed to sell the phone on the Verizon Wireless website or their stores. The Google Pixel phones sold from Google directly, Best Buy or another site are the carrier unlocked version. Both the Verizon sold and Google sold are SIM unlocked and the only difference is whether or not the bootloader is legally unlockable. No matter where it is purchased from, the Pixel and Pixel XL can be used on any US carrier.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes