Preowned replacments
RAD51

Well it looks I'm going to be a victum of used preowned replacments.

has anyone had a preowned replacements?

and to add to this they stopped making new droid bionics what other droid phone or smart phone could any better than droid bionic.

no  smart phone are made a like. .

why can't verizon stick to droid bionics besides after market droid phones

S.o.S  a victum of refurbish smart phone victum

HELP !!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Preowned replacments
guitarslinger55
Enthusiast - Level 3

i have had numerous refurbs before and honestly MY luck with them has been fantastic. some people arent so lucky, but you have to remember that the warehouse that takes in all the defective phones and fixes them if they are fixable get thousands and thousands and thousands in every single day. some WILL slip through the cracks. also keep in mind that some phones are just problematic from the factory so a refurb on a known crap phone isnt probably going to get you a good refurb experience.

if you like the droid bionic i would seriously look into the htc rezound.  i went with the rezound over the bionic and have never, ever regretted it. definitely a better phone. or even better, the galaxy s3 is the epitome of ridiculously awesome.

0 Likes
RAD51

I don't htc rezound.has hdmi port and you can't access your pc with like the bionic

the newer lack features most people get sick recycled  phones because of replacement parts are not from the maker.

Nope  none of has the features like droid bionic  thier 3rd class smartphones

and not all smart phone won't compable with most apps .

and  the pull out qwery boards on some phones  those meant for your teenage daughter and son....

Verizon said if by the 3rd  strike on c.o.p phone the pay for  a brand new phone , but  I ask them

not all thier smartphones have features and access your pc  where ever you are like the droid bionic

the droid 4 with a pull out qwery board is meant teenagers and the droid razor is is for women  who love thin and lite wieght phone.

I think  verizon has to do much better that, and the heck with  paying extra for hdmi adopter...

0 Likes
RAD51

I guess I miss judge replacements i got replacement  droid bionic  and it was mint conidition.

everything was working fine

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

I buy them sometimes when I can. Half the price of new and I've never been able to tell that it's not brand new.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

YMMV: Personally, a less complex device like a battery powered garden tool or something like that, I will purchase refurbished and save lots of money. I will even purchase used items I know I can fix / repair.

For something as complex and manufactured under clean room conditions and with an inability for the average person to repair, I would hesitate to purchase a refurbished mobile phone.

0 Likes
45Frank
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe I'm an old fashioned business owner.

But if I buy a new piece of equipment and am held to a contract by it I want a new piece of equipment.

I've had cell phones going back to about 1990 and have been very rough on them and when they broke I never harassed the company, it was usually my fault. I've only had two carriers in my life.

But the first carrier 10 years ago I bough a phone and I didn't make it to the curb less then 100 feet away and the phone didn't work they refused to give me another NEW phone right there. Told me I had to contact the company and they wanted to give me a refurbished phone and I refused, it was their lose because I wrote letters for months and it was enough for them to let me out of my contracts. I had them for 12 years and never had less then 3 phones so who lost.

After about 10 years now with Verizon my daughter got a new phone for Christmas and it shut down with in three days, they tried to send me a refurbished phone. I said very clearly either a new phone or no contract, after 2-3 day they contacted me and sent me a brand new phone.

Maybe I expect to much from people but I wouldn't have done any less for my customers.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Verizon's policy is new phone within the first 14 days,refurb after that.

0 Likes
45Frank
Enthusiast - Level 3

I absolutely do not want to argue with anyone, the forum is just to wonderful. But they had to get permission from an upper supervisor to send her/us a New phone. Hence the 3 day or so wait. They were going to send a refurbished.

Then again maybe that's why they sent a new one so easily. LOL

Thanks

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Yeah, I put that up mostly for information purposes, so that if they tried to send a refurb early, people would know they have an arguing point. I don't doubt that some of their reps are shady and may try to pull something like that, you get those kind of people in any large company.

0 Likes