Re: Preview of the new Note 5....
Snn5
Legend

Apparently the FB Apple text virus is a real thing.  Had another user comment on my discussion yesterday saying it happened to her and/or her kid.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IT is real, and not really a virus, but a bug in Apple programming.

The program can't compute the string of characters, so it crashes.  In most cases, deleting the text and rebooting the phone is all that is needed, without loss of content.  A few people report doing a factory reset, so duh, your content was erased...

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I read where to unlock the phone, in some way, you had to receive or send a message to the offending sender to keep the app from crashing.  What do I know though...I'm an Android user.  I would be an Apple user, except you cant get an iPhone for free or under $100 on prepay or postpay.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

No.  It's an apple bug.  It requires a certain sequence of Arabic characters and a couple others.  the phone is interpreting it as something else and crashing.  The receiving phone doesn't even have to open the text.

link coming...

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Have to preface this with, " what kind of ....maroon.... Includes the code in the article, so kids can send it to their buddies?"   Wrong wrong

This Single Text Message Can Crash Your iPhone