Printing with LG G Pad
mwillard77

I got my wife a LG G Pad to use for her business. Now, she would like to connect it with our home printer. We have a HP Wireless OfficeJet 4500, which I connect to via WiFi or directly using USB. I don't think it supports Bluetooth. I know the tablet can connect to our home WiFi network to surf the net, receive email & other things. Can it also connect to the printer through that network? Any other ideas or suggestions for connecting her tablet with the printer? Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Printing with LG G Pad
ctangeman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not sure if you ever figured this out, but I saw it in search for support for the same scenario as yours... I figured it out, most printer manufacturers have an app that allows your printer to connect to the tablet. My particular printer an Epson XP-310 has an app made by epson in the play store, downloaded it and it works beautifully, the only weird thing is that it has to use your google account and convert the documents you have stored in order to print them. Also the Epson app allows me to print even when I am not at home and connected to wifi, because you printer should have its own ip address, allowing you to print even when your out in the field working. Makes it nice when I need to print invoices that need mailed out as soon as the day is over! Hope this helps! @

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome choice in devices mwillard and I'm sorry y ou're having issues with connecting it wirelessly. Yes this device is compatible for bluetooth. Here is a link with all the pages regarding bluetooth with this device http://www.verizonwireless.com/search/vzwSearch?Ntt=Bluetooth%20lg%20pad&nav=Global&gTab=undefined&m... . i also wanted to provide the link to the device http://vz.to/1ndWZJG. Keep us posted and let us know if you have any other questions.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
mwillard77

I know the LG G Pad has Bluetooth, but my printer does not. As I said above, the printer is connected to our home wifi network and that's how I print off it using my laptop and iPhone. So, how do I print off it using the tablet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mwillard77, we understand wanting to print off of the tablet! I'm sorry to say that bluetooth would be the only option to print. Since the printer is not compatible with bluetooth, there is no other option. You can connect the tablet with a USB cord to the PC and transfer documents to the computer and print from the PC.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the Android app PrinterShare - or other Pritner apps that will allow you to connect to your wireless printer with the tablet.

PrinterShare™ Mobile Print - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
ctangeman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not sure if you ever figured this out, but I saw it in search for support for the same scenario as yours... I figured it out, most printer manufacturers have an app that allows your printer to connect to the tablet. My particular printer an Epson XP-310 has an app made by epson in the play store, downloaded it and it works beautifully, the only weird thing is that it has to use your google account and convert the documents you have stored in order to print them. Also the Epson app allows me to print even when I am not at home and connected to wifi, because you printer should have its own ip address, allowing you to print even when your out in the field working. Makes it nice when I need to print invoices that need mailed out as soon as the day is over! Hope this helps! @

0 Likes