Problems with Stratosphere Charging and Freezing
Gathersnomoss

Recently my Stratosphere has been freezing and I also had a problem with charging.  After seemingly resolving the freezing issue with Verizon tech support (they were very helpful) - it seems to be an app that I didn't know had been downloaded - I still was having the charging issue.  I believed there was a short in my cable. I got a new charger with cable from a Verizon Premium store (they said I couldn't buy the cable from them separately)and it still didn't work except in one outlet.  Checking with tech support again,they said I couldn't depend on the replacement charger and that I should use the new cable with the old charger.  It now works but it is disturbing that the replacement charger - even from Verizon - cannot be depended on.  Any similar experiences?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with Stratosphere Charging and Freezing
B33
Legend

Well anytime you can find a OEM charger it's the best path to Take but finding one on short notice can be a little hard you might Try doing search with Google lots of times you can a OEM's that way and sometime you can get them through the Manufacture..  Good Luck Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
Re: Problems with Stratosphere Charging and Freezing
TeeWhite1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you using a memory card in the device. If so, try removing it and seeing if the issues persist. Also, ensure you are not using any third party apps such as Tango, Zedge, Lookout, Advanced Task Killers, or Battery saver apps. They are known to corrupt devices. Also erase any lengthy sms strings that may be saved in the phone. Make sure your software is up to date, and that you have memory available. If all of that is in order, and you're still experiencing issues, the phone may be a lemon...

0 Likes