Razr won't let me set date of birth prior to 1970
darkraven408

My new RAZR won't let me set my date of birth year prior to 1970 on any of my apps.  I never had this problem with my original DROID so I know it's not the apps themselves.  Does anyone else have this problem or a solution to this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Razr won't let me set date of birth prior to 1970
Not applicable

Darkraven408, thank you for sharing your issue. I have not seen this issue reported for this device, and do not see any settings in the phone to prevent setting your birth date. Since this is happening with different applications, have you tried reporting the issue to the developers? It is possible that the applications don't fully support some newer phones and need an update to allow this functionality on all devices. Also read the reviews of the applications. If multiple people with the Razr are having this issue and report it to the developers, a resolution will come quicker.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
imstillalive

I reported this on the motorola forums.  Please see my post.

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/8772bd6fef

I believe this to be a motorola issue since the Samusung Stratosphere doesn't have the same issue.

This is annoying and someone (motorola or google) needs to fix it.

I don't believe Verizon has anything to do with it, but maybe they can help push someone to work on it.

The reason I don't think it's the app developers is because you can't go to a date prior to Jan 1, 1970 in the calendar program.  See my posting on the motorola forum for more details.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Imstillalive, have you tried manually changing the year in the calendar? For instance, I was able to scroll down to 1970 and it stopped, but then I cleared out 1970 and then manually typed 1956 in the year field. It did show Jan 12, 1956 at the top of the calendar after this. I did not test this on any applications to see if they have that option also, just the stock calendar.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
imstillalive

MarquiaF, I did the same thing. I manually typed in a year before 1970.  The calendar will take you there, but if you click on any date that's visible, it will take you to today's date instead of the date you click on.  Also, did the same experiments with a Samsung Stratospere.  Everything worked fine on that device.  I'm going to try doing these same things on my grandson's Dorid X and see what happens.  I need to narrow this down to either a motorola issue, or just the RAZR.

Update:  The Droid X seems to be okay as far as using programs to enter birth dates when asked.  On the calendar program, you can do a search for dates before Jan 1, 1970, but you still go to today's date when you click on any day before Jan 1, 1970.  At least it does work for programs.

Message was edited by: Rickey Tyner

0 Likes
Not applicable

Imstillalive, I was able to duplicate your issue and will report this to our product team so it can be investigated.

MarquiaF_VZW 

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
imstillalive

Received the latest update (Ver. 2.3.6) for the RAZR last night (2/9/12).  This Jan 1, 1970 bug has been fixed.

Thanks. Now I can add my birthdate to apps that I couldn't before.

One thing that it messed up though. In Smart Actions, I used to be able to have the screen to never timeout. Now the option is gone. The most I can go now is 10 minutes. Drats. When I'm docked in my car, I like to have the screen to never time out.

0 Likes