Re: Mobile Hotspot not working
_User_

Hello VZ customer support,

My S8 Mobile hotspot is not working and I am getting the message "You cannot connect to this network".

Any ideas?  Please help !

_User_

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having Mobile Hotspot working at all times is always important. I trust we can get this resolved. When did this issue begin? Is your data without Wi-Fi working without any issues? 

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
Brngtn87
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to my "My Verizon" app and started messaging with a person or whatever through the app for help, told them that my hotspot would not turn on, and they said they "refreshed the data Network on my phone" and it actually worked! My hotspot now finally works

0 Likes
webfreddes

mine stopped working a few days ago after a year of working properly. when i try to activate hotspot, i get msg that 'service requires a subscription.' Confirmed that my account includes hotspot, but no help at a verizon store which called customer service on my behalf. Phone is LG VS890. System is 'up to date' and i have restarted more than once, including removing the battery. Is this verizon's way of forcing me to buy a new phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

webfreddes If your plan includes the MHS we want you to have access to it. Please tell me what plan you are on right now.

0 Likes
webfreddes

'The new Verizon Plan Single Smartphone 5 GB'

which includes 'personal hotspot'

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We need to gather a few details to get started. Where are you located (city, state)? Are you having any trouble using the other features (calls, texts, data)? Have you made any changes to your account recently?

0 Likes