Read-only accounts
GOROSE1977

When I purchased a new Motorola smart phone, the rep at our Verizon store transferred the contacts for me. Now my contacts are all messed up. When I try to delete a duplicate contact I get a message that says "Read-only accounts in this contact will be hidden, not deleted.  

How do I delete a duplicate account?

0 Likes
Re: Read-only accounts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GOROSE1977, we would be happy to help check on the duplicate contacts with you. Do you have these contacts saved onto your email or manually entered in the device?

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
GOROSE1977

When I purchased my new phone at the Verizon service store, the account representative transferred my contacts from my old cell phone to my new cell phone.  When I try to remove any contact, I get a message that says, "Read-only accounts in this contact will be hidden, not deleted"  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us posted. We are here to aid you in the best way possible. We want to gather some details. A read-only contact is an in-app contact that was added through an android app like WhatsApp, Skype, or Facebook Messenger. These read-only contacts are stored temporarily by the respective app on the phone’s storage. The read-only contacts will show up in your address book and appear as unremovable. Do any of these apps sound familiar (have you installed and used these types of apps or similar services)? What Motorola model do you have? Aside from this problem, any other issues?

0 Likes