Recent update bricked my Kyocera Brigadier
leblanca7x

Downloaded and tried to install the latest update for Kyocera Brigadier last night. When I woke up my phone was in a constant bootloop. I have tried booting into recovery mode and doing a factory reset but it didn't help. Will Verizon replace my phone for free?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Recent update bricked my Kyocera Brigadier
Kornelius
Enthusiast - Level 3

The device getting stuck at 99% try the following:

• Power cycle by holding the power key until the Restart option is available.
  • Once back on, go back into Settings and System updates to check for system updates again.
  • It will start the download again and once finish it will give option to install.
  • If the install or download fails to complete again, then attempt to uninstall some downloaded apps to clear some memory. You can always re-download them after the update.
  • Attempt the process again if needed after removing a few apps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
trime
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is stuck at 99% for the firmware update. Not sure what to do. This happened the last time they came out with an update as well. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
leblanca7x

Did it ever finish the update? I have been talking to a few other people on some other forums and my phone isn't the only one that has been bricked by this update. Can we get a Verizon rep to chime in on this?

0 Likes
trime
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I left it alone all day while I was at work and still just sat at 99%. I killed the process. I will play around with it more later tonight

0 Likes
GoATandT

Seems like Verizon can't get a software update right. When they sent out an update last October it messed up my phone and Verizon was not able to help, even when taking it into their store. I was able to get the phone software corrected by Kyocera at the factory service center. They essentially cleaned EVERYTHING off the phone, and reloaded their version of the software. I got the recent Verizon update last night and am again having issues too but it does not appear as bad as yours.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

leblanca7x,

No one is a fan of device issues. Trust me, I’ve been there before too. Let’s make sure we get this fixed so you receive the best performance from your phone. When you did the factory reset did you bring back all of your previous downloaded applications? Have you tried to remove your SIM card for a minute or so when the device was completely powered off http://vz.to/1VV4sgD

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
leblanca7x

Yeah, that seems to be the case all around. It makes no sense that they carry phones they don't even service even when it's their fault that it's broken. Terrible customer service. Do you happen to remember how much it cost to get it fixed by Kyocera?

0 Likes
leblanca7x

JuanD_VZW

The update completely bricked the phone so it won't even start up all the way. It doesn't even get to the Verizon screen. I booted it into recovery mode and erased the cache and did a factory reset but that did not help. I have also pulled the sim and sd cards and tried it without them. This update completely screwed up my phone and it should be replaced by Verizon because it is their fault.

0 Likes
trime
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine now successfully downloaded and installed in the update through the computer update application, this was after hanging at 99% several times and giving me a corrupt firmware issue. I have not really noticed any substantial improvements from with the update. It does appear that the battery is draining faster than before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Juan, I know how important it is to have a working phone.  We can help get you back on track.  I sent you a private message, so that we can work on resolving your phone issue together. 

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes