Recent update destroyed my photos on SD card.
Popsynth

I have a Kyocera DuraForce PRO.  Last night the software push from Verizon killed my SD card.  My phone started beeping like a video game every few minutes saying "preparing SD card" .  The update said failed in its status.  There were pictures of a recipe I created that are permanently gone, along with family photos of people who are now in the hospital on hospice.  I am not a happy person.  I tried to do a manual patch to the latest software which did work, but the SD card is hosed. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Recent update destroyed my photos on SD card.
Popsynth

My question, is there any warning or way to stop these updates?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

sd cards fail, i doubt if the update was the problem!!

boringusername
Master - Level 1

Popsynth wrote:

My question, is there any warning or way to stop these updates?

cloud back-up have existed for years. Many that are free. Before any updates you are told to back up stuff. Next time remove the SD card before updating and back up stuff to the cloud which you should be doing anyway.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Popsynth

I'm sorry to hear that you've had this experience with your SD card after performing a software update. We're here to help you move forward as we know how important it is to have the ability to save important content. Software updates are intended to improve a device's performance. Have you backed up your content to an account (G 

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
snarffy

Hi PopSynth! Popsynth

The same thing happened to me when I updated my S7 this morning.

Your photos are NOT gone -- but don't take any more pictures until you get them back.

When a memory card gets deleted, or even formatted, the data is usually still there until you write over it by taking more photos. Your phone just can't see it.   I used a memory card recovery software (Plimus Card Recovery is the one I use) and it's finding all the images.  Over 1300 and counting.

I recommend putting a different memory card in your phone until you can get your current card into a recovery software.  Best of luck, i know those images are precious.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're so sorry to hear your SD card is no longer working, Popsynth. We definitely won't want you to lose any important content, especially photos of your family members. Let's take a closer look into this. Does your SD card work in another phone or computer? Have you backed up content through another form of backup? What indication do you have that your content is no longer on the SD card?

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ucarp291

Ive been pushing the update off for a while now and it updatedin my pocket today and now i have no photos on my sd card. Put in the computer and no files. As if it was formated on an android phone

0 Likes