Recently Upgraded to Galaxy s5 and cannot get my Supertooth Buddy to recognize the phone. How do I get it to work?
mgmiller51
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy s5 and now my Supertooth Buddy will not recognize the phone for Bluetooth.  What can I do to utilize this tool?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Recently Upgraded to Galaxy s5 and cannot get my Supertooth Buddy to recognize the phone. How do I get it to work?
mgmiller51
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally found the answer elsewhere. 

To reset your supertooth, please follow the direction carefully: From OFF, press and hold the On/Off (8) button of the handsfree kit for 10 seconds until the Bluetooth Indicator (4) turns blinking red/blue, then press and hold Hang up / Reject call until you hear a beep. All pairings of the kit have been erased.  Then I searched and the Buddy popped up on my phone,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Recently Upgraded to Galaxy s5 and cannot get my Supertooth Buddy to recognize the phone. How do I get it to work?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mgmiller51,

Let's get you connected. Have you been able to sync other bluetooth accessories to the phone? Are you able to sync other phones to your Supertooth Buddy? Go to Settings> Bluetooth> Turn on Bluetooth (if not already on). Next to The device on top is there a checkmark for "Visable to all nearby Bluetooth Devices?"

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mgmiller51
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone works with our car bluetooth.  It does not work with any of our Supertooth Buddies (3), which still work with my wife's phone.  I have tried the phone with "Visable to all nearby Bluetooth Devices?" checked and unchecked.  The phone does show other bluetooths in the area, but not the Buddy.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I'd try to Unpair with the Buddys, power cycle the phone, and re-pair. You will need to put the Buddies into pairing mode, and then on your phone "Search for Devices".

0 Likes
mgmiller51
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally found the answer elsewhere. 

To reset your supertooth, please follow the direction carefully: From OFF, press and hold the On/Off (8) button of the handsfree kit for 10 seconds until the Bluetooth Indicator (4) turns blinking red/blue, then press and hold Hang up / Reject call until you hear a beep. All pairings of the kit have been erased.  Then I searched and the Buddy popped up on my phone,

0 Likes