Replacement phone question
garydroid

A month ago my Eris was stolen. I called Verizon and had them shut down the phone, but kept the line active by forwarding all calls to another phone. I had insurance on the Eris and was told I could replace it with another Eris for $85. The Eris was discontinued (gee what a shocker it was awful at best). What are my options for replacing the phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Replacement phone question
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

You would need to talk to them about that.  I imagine that what they would give you is another Eris for $85.  Yes it reached EOL but they still have stock and the $85 replacement phones you get through insurance are refurbs anyway so I am sure they have those. 

I don't think I will ever understand in this day and age why people steal phones.  It is easy for the phone companies to block the serial number of the phone rendering it useless, they don't sell well on secondary markets because they are so cheap through the phone companies.  If you are off contract then it doesn't make sense to buy on Ebay because the phones go for more than full retail from a store is anyway and you are getting a used phone or ripped off whichever comes first.  I would imagine that the majority of the claims against the protection plans are for lost rather than stolen but it does still happen.  Someone recently stole my niece's ipod touch.  Again it is password protected and the first time it finds a wifi signal it will be bricked.  I wish thieves would be smarter.  Don't steal things that won't benefit you that is **bleep**.  All it does is cause problems for the person whose stuff you took and you end up with a worthless piece of junk that you end up throwing away or you get caught with it.  Even dumber.  Busted for stealing something that you can't use or sell. 

The only place you can get away with something like that is California. 

0 Likes