Restoring texts with Content Transfer app
Birmie

Hi Folks. I'm trying to help my wife get her texts from her really old Motorola to her new Motorola MotoG7. She was NOT using Verizon's Message+ app before. Looks like it was a Motorola specific app instead.

So I used Verizon's Content Transfer app and everything seems to have successfully transferred, but when I open Message+ on the G7, the texts aren't there. So I assume that I have to somehow restore them.

When I go to the Restore function in Message + though, I'm prompted to either Restore Online or From SD Card. I'm assuming the files are lurking somewhere on the SD Card of the new phone? But where the heck are they? Or is there some other way to pull those texts into Message+?

0 Likes
Re: Restoring texts with Content Transfer app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Was the old device backed up to any memory card, Sd Card, or Verizon cloud? StephanieS_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Restoring texts with Content Transfer app
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the old Motorola phone is also an android phone, you can also use a SMS Backup application available from the Play Store to backup the messages on the old phone or to the Google drive associated with your wife Google account. You can then manually transfer the messages to the new phone or retrieve the messages from the Google Drive. Using the same SMS Backup application now installed on the new phone, you can restore the messages on the new phone. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes