Restricted Area Message
LoodletheNoodle

Hi all, a relative on our phone plan was attempting to take a picture on her Samsung A01 in the backyard.  When she hit the button to take the picture, the screen went black and she got a message saying to the effect that the picture couldn’t be taken because of being in a “restricted area”.  Just for a little extra info:  the closest neighbor is about 1/4 of a mile away and no large towers within miles, (electrical or cell towers).  

When she looked through the pictures app to see if anything had shown up, she just had a picture with a black screen.  Not sure what to make of this, the phone hasn’t had this problem before and it doesn’t have any other issues, it’s been working perfectly.  If anyone has any thoughts I’d be very interested in any and all theories/explanations, thank you in advance!

I really tried searching the forum for anything like this issue and didn’t find anything…

0 Likes
Re: Restricted Area Message
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@LoodletheNoodle wrote:

Hi all, a relative on our phone plan was attempting to take a picture on her Samsung A01 in the backyard.  When she hit the button to take the picture, the screen went black and she got a message saying to the effect that the picture couldn’t be taken because of being in a “restricted area”.  Just for a little extra info:  the closest neighbor is about 1/4 of a mile away and no large towers within miles, (electrical or cell towers).  

When she looked through the pictures app to see if anything had shown up, she just had a picture with a black screen.  Not sure what to make of this, the phone hasn’t had this problem before and it doesn’t have any other issues, it’s been working perfectly.  If anyone has any thoughts I’d be very interested in any and all theories/explanations, thank you in advance!

I really tried searching the forum for anything like this issue and didn’t find anything…

Did you try posting on the Samsung Community Forum?

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Community/ct-p/us

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: Restricted Area Message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have your device functioning properly. Have you been able to call or chat with Samsung to see what exactly this feature is and what would be considered a restricted area?

*Ellisandra

0 Likes