Rezound: Still no OTA after manual attempt
murhaava

Hi all,

No matter what I try I cannot get the OTA for the Rezound. If I go in manually and "Check new" the software update screen shows for about 3-5 seconds then disappears with no other prompt. When I check the "status" it shows the follwing:

Source: Verizon Wireless

Name:

Code: 0

Date:

Time:

Description:

Based on what I've read, it seems that if you manually check the status then you should get the update, or you can wait til it automatically pushes to you. But neither seem to be working on my phone.

I have tried this on a 4G, 3G, and wireless connections with no luck.

Is there anything else that I can try?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Rezound: Still no OTA after manual attempt
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This update for the ReZound hasn't been out for very long. It usually takes a couple of weeks to get to all the customers. You may just need to be a little patient.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
murhaava

Thanks for the reply. This is the first android device. I was under the impression that if you manually check for it then you can get the update right away. Is that a bad assumption then?

0 Likes
TheGuyUpNorth
Contributor - Level 1

After having the Droid X and Bionic, I was always able to pull the update manually from the phone before it was pushed.  This does not appear to be the case with the Rezound.  I too starting checking day 1, but am still waiting for it.  Frustrating.

0 Likes
murhaava

@TheGuyUpNorth: Have you been able to get the update yet? I am still waiting... although I read that the Thunderbolt had this issue and the easiest way to get around it was to get a refurb replacement 😕 otherwise it was to get htc/verizon support on the phone together to work it out...which seems unlikely

0 Likes
TheGuyUpNorth
Contributor - Level 1

No, I gave up.  First I called HTC and they confirmed that they had finished pushing the OTA.  After numerous resets, and other suggestions like moving the date ahead, I called Verizon.  First, the rep was requesting that I wait longer.  After explaining that I had two call with HTC, and the fact that I could not even pull a manual update that was sitting out there, they ultimately sent me the replacement.  Interestingly, the new phone found the update the minute it was activated.

0 Likes
murhaava

Was the replacement they sent you a refurb or a new one? I dont know if I want to trade in my phone that I've kept in good condition for a used one that I know nothing about the history.

0 Likes
TheGuyUpNorth
Contributor - Level 1

It was a refurb, but my guess is that many of these are new.  Not a single blemish.  I too am very particular, and I would have sent back the replacement had it shown a single defect.  This is the second time I have gone this route.  Had a Droid X that was replaced.  Again, as good as new.  If you don't replace it, you may be stuck on that version as long as you have the phone, and with ICS coming out soon you will want that.

0 Likes
murhaava

Well I also called and they are sending me a "certified like new" phone. They did give me the option to get on the line with verizon support and htc support to see if we could resolve the issue but I had to leave soon and just chose the refurb option. When the new phone gets in I will have to see if it has any problems and may end up going the route of getting both supports on the phone to fix my old phone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I received a refurb yesterday and the seal was broken on the plastic around the phone...sure enough, the ear piece was busted. It was too bad, the replacement otherwise worked perfectly...probably because it hasnt been updated yet lol. Maybe it was just my phone, but the update absolutely lower the performance of my rezound.

0 Likes