Rude employees at local Verizon store
ashesdad

I recently upgraded my device here on-line and when the new phone came in I was excited.  I went to the local Verizon store to get it activated - I thought they had a way of keeping and transferring my pictures from my old phone to my new one, wow was I surprised.  The clerk told me that in order for her to activate my new phone that I got on-line, not in her store, she would have to charge me $25.00.  I told her that was absurd, that we had bought other phones on ebay and activated them in this store.  She stated "well I can do it for free if you promise to come back in and buy an accessory sometime in the next week or so."  I told her I would just try to figure this out on my own and wasn't paying her to do this since I hadn't in the past.  Needless to say my Backup Assist got me the contacts that I had from my old phone into my new phone - - but I lost my pictures. 

Anyway, I just thought it was something worth telling everyone about.  By the way - this incident happened in Clinton, Arkansas.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Rude employees at local Verizon store
Not applicable

All you had to do was save your pictures to your computer.  You can still do that.

B33
Legend

You can call customer service an they can Walk you thru the Activation as that's what i'm going to do when my Maxx arrives Tomorrow an if you could've possibly remembered the rep that was trying to sell you something before Activating your line i would pass it on to the Customer Service Rep. that you get Connected with an they may turn it over to a Manager.

0 Likes
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

I think VZW' doesn't do a great job of training their in-store representatives.  The ones I have dealt with in CT and MA have generally been less knowledgeable/helpful than you would expect in a VZW store.  Now, all we do is use their stores to look at and test new phones....otherwise we order, activate and troubleshoot online or over the phone.  Seems to work out far better.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

As I have stated many times, reps are there to SELL, SELL, SELL. If they do not and do not meet quotas, they are gone. So instances of someone wanting to have their phone activated and items transferred, although it seems logical that a store would do it, takes alot of time away from a rep who will receive zero credit for what they did and maybe lost a sale or two to another rep.

And if you visit a third party reseller, they could very well charge to do what you want.

0 Likes
josta

Was it a Verizon store, or an "Authorized Retailer"?  If the latter, I can understand that because you didn't buy it there, but if the former...well I would be upset, too!

John

0 Likes
mort78
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess we're the exception to the rule. We have four Verizon stores in my area. I specifically deal with two of them and never, ever, had a problem. If I have a problem with my phone/plan/accesories they fix it. Never been told to buy something to fix it, etc. When I was with AT&T, now that was a horse of a different color. The worst customer service I've ever had. One reason I switched to Verizon many years ago, and glad I did.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

doesn't matter whether verizon store or a retailer, $20 has been the going rate for a long time to move contacts from old to a new phone.

i'm not even sure a retailer can do it.

0 Likes
jim17

I just got my first Droid on line. I took it to the Verizon store and they transferred all my contacts, data and pictures for $10.00. I've been with verizon for over 12 years and their employees have always gone out of their way to be nice and helpful.

0 Likes