Re: Rumored HTC Phablet--VZW's answer to the Note? ...will you be interested?
AZSALUKI
Legend

i agree with wildman for mostly the same reasons (although i'm not a developer). Sense UI is pure eye candy to me, and can't be beat by the other UI's. it's a bit of a data and battery hog, but i love it. my only gripe with htc is that i KNOW they could put better batteries in these things and they don't. they launched the tbolt with a 1300mah battery. i still find that absurd. i know the tbolt was a bit bulky already so many argued that they couldn't bulk it up any more. however, i got the 1700 that is made for the rezound and it fits just fine in the tbolt. they need to launch these things with 1700-2000 minimum. i do hear that Sense 4.0 will be slimmed down and much more efficient though, so that may help.

wasn't Asus working on a phone/tablet as well?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

This:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2012/02/asus-padfone-phone-tablet-and-laptop-in-one/

is what i'd be REAL interested in only because i have an asus transformer and absolutely love it. i feel they put out the best tablet for the cost out there.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have to admit that one does look like it will be a nice device and the dock interface is a nice concept.

mysticalmalissa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will be very interested when HTC comes out with one.

0 Likes
thedevilsadvocate
Enthusiast - Level 3

With Moto's Atrix getting that ball rolling last holiday season and the Asus doing a similar concept, I have a feeling the "detachable"/dock interface thing is going to get more popular.  My understanding is that Asus shifted a lot of Transformers since its release, in fact there were enough customers to band together and force Asus to release a bootloader unlock.  It took a pretty massive campaign to get Motorola to do that just for phones that hadn't been released yet.

Me?  I'm afraid I'll accidentally try to "close" it. *SNAP!*

Seriously though, I think the dock concept might actually improve sales numbers for phablets which can only be good for those of us who want one.

0 Likes
TexanTim
Enthusiast - Level 2

If what I have been reading is going to be the case and the new HTC device and it only has a 4.7" screen I have ABSOLUTELY NO, NONE, ZERO, NADA, NEIN interest in the device........ Seriously a sub 5" screen, that would be so pathetic and typical of Verizon.

AZSALUKI
Legend

ehh....4.7 would be just fine for me. i would consider that to just be a phone, as opposed to a phablet (or whatever we are calling these things). if the specs are along the lines of the htc one series, then count me in on an htc with a 4.7 inch display.

0 Likes
doctorsizzle

i don't care about the clickety-clack of the specs of the samsung note-I'm all about function.

if i know these large companies like verizon...they've got to show up, come christmas-time, with new products. 

i mean imagine coming to a birthday party with not even a card in hand, you MUST bring something!

nearly every manufacturer of these devices are pressed to make something new come christmas...they must, new growth means pleasing people that have money invested into these companies.  no new products, no growth...investors start getting a little shaky.

with that being said, Verizon WILL have something...and I hope it's this samsung note.

first, i need a device like this to help me with business.  i need to be able to access websites to compare prices, capture images, post listings online, make calls, etc.  pretty much pushing a device beyond simply squishing ants on a screen.

i also do not have small hands, tired of handling a phone with my fingertips.

funny how some folks turn their nose up at the idea of a larger screen...i haven't seen anyone downgrade from a plasma/LCD TV to a 13" tube TV.  a multimedia device shouldn't be confined to a 3-4 inch screen.

VERIZON, please let us know which device will be released so i can use my upgrade wisely-I would hate to upgrade to a droid and something more bad *** is released.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

We will be getting a version of the LG Vu.

0 Likes
V4Brad

The HTC might have nice  specs, but the one that fails it completely for me is the 5" screen.  That's not much bigger than my Galaxy Nexus.  I want the 5.5" of the Note II (and the S Pen too).  What is up with Verizon? Go ahead and offer the HTC, but offer the Samsung as well.

0 Likes