Re: S22 ultra wont work in mexico
SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

Hello, I am headed down to Mexico in couple weeks, and have been wondering if my S22 Ultra would be an issue when I arrive. Please, let me know if you had issues before and that is all you have done since, is switch your Sim card from Black 5G to White 5G Sim card? 

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want cell service to be the last thing on your mind while on your trip, SaltyS21U_User. It is great that you came here for some suggestions. Shout out to cwd200 for the suggestion that we issue a new SIM card. With that in mind, I will send a private note to get one sent to you at no cost. You can also obtain one at no cost from a company store https://www.verizon.com/stores near you.

-George

0 Likes
Cossio24
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do happen to have a picture of the new sim card? Cuz I went to Verizon and got a new sim card then traveled to Mexico but near the border and I did not get service until I turn my phone  on and off.  And even then the next morning the service was gone and had to reset my phone again. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sending a private message to you.

*Heather

0 Likes
Mike4851

This seems to have worked for me.

0 Likes
SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

Mike4851,

Please explain what worked for you?

Thanking you in advance.

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
0 Likes
paulake
Enthusiast - Level 2

This comment should be the very first thing that a Verizon service representative should try when done one says not working in Mexico!  Spent good on chat with Verizon service and got no where. Found this comment and in 30 seconds had a fix.  On Android,  settings>connections>mobile networks>network mode>LTE/GSM/UMTS>(attention)ok>manual>[pick a provider],mine was TELCEL.   GOOD LUCK!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As always, our valued customer's feedback is greatly appreciated.  Thank you for sharing such wonderful information.

We certainly are glad to hear that your device is working while you're traveling abroad (Mexico). We'll share your feedback with our team members too.

We'd also like to apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced.

We hope that you enjoyed or are enjoying your trip.

Thanks for continuing to be a valued customer.

-Robert C.

0 Likes
FALEMAN7062
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just had a similar issue, as soon as I flew in phone went into roaming. I had data access, I could text and use internet services BUT I could not at all whatsoever make or receive ANY calls. I tried manually choosing network, disabled 5g, went back to auto network select, restarted the device, even reset the dang thing. NOTHING worked. Finally came to the conclusion that it's a sim card issue. I went with 2 other friends who also have Samsung devices with Verizon, (Note 10, S21) and they had ZERO issues 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!