S4 Sync settings for email no longer available after update
hdlane

After the Verizon Galaxy S4 Kit Kat update: I can no longer sync my email accounts. I get a "email sync turned off" message. when I go to the SYNC settings (stttings-accounts-email-settings-account settings-sync settings) there is NO option to turn sync setting back "ON"

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S4 Sync settings for email no longer available after update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello hdlane, let's get to the bottom of this together! To turn on sync settings for email, scroll down from the top of the home screen. At the top right there is a button with three squares & two arrows facing in opposite directions. This is the "More Settings" section. Press this option and it iwill open a list. Near the bottom of the list turn on sync and the emails will update.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
chmashchmash
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ii am having the same issue and there is no way to turn synch on. My options are synch off and  master synch off. This is my work email I need to access and EXTREMELY ANNOYING. Happened immediately after upgrading system

hdlane

turn on sync settings for email, scroll down from the top of the home screen. At the top right there is a button with three squares & two arrows facing in opposite directions. This is the "More Settings" section. Press this option and it iwill open a list. Near the bottom of the list turn on sync and the emails will update.

0 Likes
hdlane

turn on sync settings for email, scroll down from the top of the home screen. At the top right there is a button with three squares & two arrows facing in opposite directions. This is the "More Settings" section. Press this option and it iwill open a list. Near the bottom of the list turn on sync and the emails will update.

0 Likes
res09ydj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue...there Is no option to turn sync on.

0 Likes
res09ydj
Enthusiast - Level 1

My error. I was looking at the settings menu. Sync works now that I located the square box.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

res09ydj,

That's quite odd, we know how important it is to have access to this feature and ensure you receive all your emails. How are you attempting to access the setting? Try launching the email app, once in your inbox, select the menu key>Settings>Select Email Account>Adjust sync schedules.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes