S4 stopped downloading messages
lphillips1

I can send a message and I can receive a message. But when I try to download the contents of a message (photo as an example) I receive the following: "Download of [subject] from [person] failed." This problem just started this past week.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S4 stopped downloading messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi lphillips1,

Let's get your messages back to working properly! What device do you have? How much memory is available on the device? Is this happening with one contact or all contacts that send you picture messages? Have you tried powering the phone off/on? Are you connected to Wi-fi? 

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: S4 stopped downloading messages
KaiKai22

Same exactly thing just started happening to me about the middle of the evening yesterday. I also noticed that when on 4G the internet/browser is extremely slow. This is happening with multiple contacts that send me MMS messages. I've tried powering the phone on/off, removing the SIM, etc. Just about everything short of restoring the phone to default settings (which I'm not going to do. When connected to Wi-fi, the internet works just fine, but if I have 4G, I still do not receive MMS messages correctly. Text messages and phone calls work just fine.

Device: Galaxy S4

Memory available: A lot.

Just started happening yesterday evening.

0 Likes