S5 Lollipop Active Sync issue
jonheld

Starting point: Stock Verizon S5 running 4.4.4 running well with good battery life.

While running 4.4.4, I did a factory reset and allowed the phone to download the 5.0 updates which installed without issue. Did another factory reset, allowed the phone to download apps, etc and set up accounts.

After the 5.0 update, there is a constant handshake between the phone and my Exchange server when the sync schedule is set to "push". This drains my battery from full charge to 20% in about 4 hours.

I have done several factory resets, deleted the Active Sync profile on the server, deleted the Exchange account on the phone and set everything up again with the exact same results.

I have spent a good amount of time on the phone with tech support for my hosted Exchange accounts while they were monitoring my connectivity. The only way to stop the constant syncing is to set the sync schedule to anything other than "push".

Please keep in mind that I have been using the same hosted Exchange service since I had my Galaxy Nexus running ICS and that push sync has always worked well, until the 5.0 update.

Labels (1)
0 Likes